“Excellent day, tank drive a great experience”

Muckleburgh Military Collection
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Holt
Reviewed September 1, 2013

From Australia, we booked a tank drive experience for my husband. Vic came in on his day off to accommodate our travel plans. Although not a tank it was a tracked vehicle but hubby really enjoyed it. The museum itself was huge with a variety of displays which even I, as the patient spouse found very interesting. We then paid for a second ride together with a group in a carrier. Bumpy but fun and everyone on board including kids and grandparents thought so. Great grassed area for picnic lunch if you want to take you own, or a cafe. Great little shop for souvenirs. We spend the whole morning there and would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Adelaide_girl_SA

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Spent nearly a day here enjoying the memorabilia, lorry ride, watching tank action and viewing the amazing display of army transport. Good shop too. The sort of place you can go back to and still see something new, so much to see.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited a couple of times before. First as a child with my dad who was in one of the Norfolk Regiments during WW2 and later with my children when they were doing history projects. It's lovely to see the collection growing. It's informative but not macabre. Went on an army truck ride and this was grate fun. Tank rides are also available but beyond our budget on this occasion.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a great place for kids to visit, especially when the weather is not so good. The vast majority of the collection is indoors. There are a few items outside ( harrier jump jet etc) but I have visited twice now and am never sure how you get to see this other than when driving past when leaving the site. I took the military vehicle (Bedford truck) ride and both myself and my son loved it (it lasts about 15 minutes and cost £2.50 each). There are lots of different military vehicles / equipment on show but these cannot be touched (or climbed on to get a better view). We used the café and the food was fine (and reasonably priced) although the line can move slowly at peak times. The staff are very friendly. The information boards around the displays are also well designed and informative.

1  Thank matts3872
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

It was a wonderful interesting day out, although I wouldn't recommend it for young children I was forever saying don't touch or not to climb and they did get bored. Also I would recommend taking a pack lunch, the cafe was extortionate £3 a slice of small cake and alot of other things were very over priced!!

1  Thank Ceje-123