“Terrible Service”

Back to the Garden
Ranked #13 of 54 Restaurants in Holt
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant You can eat under the ceiling of the massive eighteenth-century oak barn or, if it's warm, amongst the flowers in our garden, a place of serenity and calm that's good for the soul. The Butchery All of the Angus-sired beef, lamb, chicken, geese and turkeys on the butcher's counter have been raised organically at our farm. The rare breed, outdoor reared pork is sourced locally. The Deli You will find many of the best British artisan cheeses, organic salami and a choice of food from our kitchen. The Shop We have a zest for sourcing producers who reflect our own ideals, for whom quality and provenance count. The wine is selected in conjunction with Fields, Morris and Verdin, the wholesale distributors for Berry Bros and Rudd.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

On entrance the staff were responsive , but my Partner had time to go to the Toilet , read the menu many times but still the staff did not want to take the order ,at least 10-15 mins of waiting , when looking to see where the staff were they were messing around , laughing and joking , a waste of time will not be returning ,my advice go to Byford in Holt for professional service .

3  Thank Mace K

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The setting of the restaurant in a large barn is magical at night with lots of candles. We thoroughly enjoyed a three course meal which was excellent, beautifully prepared and very tasty.
One of the best restaurants near Holt.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have just enjoyed a wonderful meal at BTTG and agreed we should post a review while our memory is still vivid. The choice this evening was varied, colourful and tasted fantastic. Top of the list was the poached guinea fowl but the ham hock and lamb's liver were not far behind. Our only disappointment was the lack of other diners. This is as good as any local dining and is particularly good value. The staff are friendly and the service more than competent.
Highly recommended .

1  Thank Andisea
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After a poor experience in Feb I stopped off again today for a mid-morning break. Lady in farm shop said hello but cafe staff not quite so welcoming. Not at all busy and with nice weather I sat in the pleasant garden. I was very hungry but looking at the fruit scones, again over cooked, I declined as the flies had got there first! Yuk! Glass domes required to protect the food - a very basic requirement. I do like the setting however but it's the food I went in for. Must try harder!

7  Thank RajiMyths
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We went with three small children at 6.30. The place was empty, but still had atmosphere. The staff were so naturally friendly and helpful; the food was prompt and really, really good.I'd go back again and again.