“Loved the spa room”
Review of The Pigs

The Pigs
Ranked #1 of 28 Holt B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Just recently stayed here with my husband. Slight musty smell when in main foyer but the room itself was impeccably clean and gorgeous. Such a treat to have a spa in you're own room without having to share. Dinner was delicious but please leave out the smoky beans on top of the bread at breakfast! Would definately return.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here for one night Great Spa room with every comfort you could wish for, staff as always very helpful.
Spa rooms have a private patio wooden recliners and a log burner if its cold which it wasn't sun all afternoon, with long views over green fields what more could you want.
One word tremendous.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are worth the extra
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

To celebrate our first anniversary my husband and I decided to treat ourselves to one night dinner, bed and breakfast in a spa room. What wonderful memories we will cherish.
On arrival the staff we so pleasant, we were taken to our room and we were thrilled. I had been in email contact with Abi to ask for some balloons in the room, she had emailed me the morning of our arrival apologising that she was unable to get the balloons but would put some treats in our room, we arrived to a champagne upgrade, chocolates and strawberries!! Also after our divine evening meal we were presented with a dessert platter as an apology and to congratulate us. The absolute care provided was very touching and made our stay so perfect.
The room was lovely! The bath, sauna, little patio, fab bathroom with amazing shower! There were lovely little toiletries, a good selection of teas and coffee. Just outside in the corridor was milk, marshmallows and sticks for the firepit.
We had such a lovely night I would recommend everyone to go! Oh and breakfast was yum!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had a meal here with some friends and the food took over 1 hour for starters to come out but the starters were ok when they had arrived. When the mains came out we had the rump burger which was as dry as my shoe & my friend had the rump of lamb and that was just all fat I definitely will not be returning! Very disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Rhino543
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I treated my boyfriend to a couple of nights at The Pigs for his birthday - he works every hour God sends and I was determined that he stop for two solid days - and I succeeded!

We stayed in a spa room and it was just beautiful - spotlessly clean, huge and very comfy bed, amazing TV, iPod dock - with speakers in the spa section so you could listen to music in the sauna - plenty of hot water for the shower and bath (makes a change from most hotels!). The sauna was easy to use and such a treat - it felt so decadent to return from a trip to the seaside for a quick sauna before dinner! I loved the little touches, such as the chest outside containing fire making equipment and a jar of cookies to help yourself to. We also liked that fresh milk is available too, such a welcome change from the UHT sachets. Lots of little positives too, like there being plenty of power points - something a lot of hotels get wrong - a lovely selection of toiletries and decent wifi (good as we had no phone signal!).

We ate at the Pigs on the Sunday night - sadly too late for the roast and the pudding club. The food was pretty good - nicely presented - but not quite as a excellent as I'd hoped. However, the breakfast was lovely both mornings. There was a good choice of cereals, fruit and jams, and the cooked breakfast went down well. My only minor criticism was the lack of a veggie option on the breakfast menu.. they did make me some lovely poached eggs with absolutely no fuss, but it would have been nice to see an offering for us poor veggies on the menu, without having to ask and feeling awkward.

The staff were friendly and attentive from start to finish, nothing was too much trouble.

It's a great location - a hop from Holt (highly recommend dinner at Byfords), 30 mins from Wells-next-the-Sea and an easy 25 minute drive from Norwich.

All in all, we loved our stay at The Pigs - neither of us wanted to leave. We both felt completely relaxed considering it was such a short space of time. I just know I'll be disappointed when every future hotel I visit DOESN'T have a sauna in it!! Hopefully we will return soon.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a spa room - you won't regret it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just returned from a weekend break away with my husband and really did not want to come home. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel welcome shown to our lovely spa room and left to relax before dinner. The room was as lovely and luxurious as we had hoped and the bed was to die for so comfortable and the pillows were fantastic along with the linen made for a very good two nights sleep (better than we sleep at home). We made use of the sauna, lovely bath looking out onto our patio, and fields beyond and hubbie used the shower too and said it was great (I loved laying in the path watching the bathside tv too much to try the shower). We also made use of the patio and sat out on the chairs and lit the fire bowl (bit smokiey but very romantic and kept us warm too). Great big tv in the bedroom too only little niggle was no mirror by the desk (had to stand up and do hair and make up in the mirror on wardrobe door) and not much storage space either nor a little table to put your drink on whilst either sitting on the patio or in the lovely comfy armchairs in the room. Both breakfasts on both days were very enjoyable and cooked to order hubbie tried the kippers and said they were very tasty. Was not very hungry on our first night so chose the selection of Iffits (tapas like dishes) and was not disappointed they were delicious. Did not eat the second night as had been out all day visiting all the lovely towns and villages nearby including Norwich, Cromer, Holt (must try Byfords if you go there), Sheringham (lovely little town) and Wells next Sea (definately must visit there lovely and pretty seasisde town with lots of shops, bars, restaurants and big beaches too). Keep up the good work The Pigs we will be back!!!!!

Room Tip: Treat yourself to Spa room worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

There is little more for me to stay, this is by far one of the nicest rooms I have stayed in. The things you expect from a good quality hotel are there, spotlessly clean, tea and coffee making facilities, including fresh milk, good quality bed linen and a well appointed bathroom with lovely products. It doesn't stop there though, how often to do get a personal sauna and outside space with a fire pit just in case it gets a little chilly?

One word about the staff - wonderful! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were met with big smiles, the bar/restaurant staff were great, good service and good advice about the menu.

We stayed here to celebrate my birthday so all I can say is a big thank you for helping to make it a lovely celebration.

Room Tip: Go for the Spa rooms - well worth it if you have time to chill out.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holt
The Pheasant Hotel
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Byfords
Byfords
#3 of 28 in Holt

Been to The Pigs? Share your experiences!