“Friendly Staff coupled with excellent food”

The Watermark Wine Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: British, Italian, French, American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cley Next the Sea, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff coupled with excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Had dinner at Holt's latest eaterie The Watermark. It made a refreshing change from the usual "cliche" North Norfolk restaurant. It's great to have something so original in Holt, the benched seating is excellent for close friends to have fun. I found the staff very friendly and helpful, the menu was extensive and I thoroughly enjoyed the lamb cutlets. It was excellent value and I loved the attention to detail, such as freshly baked bread, which was actually warm; excellent wine selection and the perfect crystal glasses! These little touches make all the difference. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I have now booked in for New Year. The menu looks great, but more than that I am interested to see the Watermarks spin on combining top notch food with live music and friendly service. I will be reporting back. :-)

2 Thank Dufferdg

Manchester, United Kingdom
“A warm spot on a cold day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We chanced upon this restaurant on boxing Day when most of the town was closed.We received a most warm and friendly welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The coffee and cakes were excellent.The premises were bright and cheerful.We shall be returning when we are next in the area.

Holt, United Kingdom
“Could do a lot better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

The first impression is that you are walking into an American style diner so that does not bode well
in a town like Holt, we are a bit traditional in Norfolk! I would say the atmosphere is a bit lacking.
The starter was excellent, pity one could not say the same about the main course. The service was not exactly speedy and as they were not busy that evening I wonder what it would be like if they were busy. The staff were pleasant and friendly but need to speed up. I cant ever remember
having to wait so long for coffee in a restaurant. Perhaps we caught them on a bad night we might give it another try when they have got themselves a bit more organised.

2 Thank richard g
London, United Kingdom
“A Welcome Addition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had a lovely dinner here last night. The restaurant has recently been refurbished and is a huge improvement on what was here previously. The staff are friendly and efficient and the food was delicious.

A few pieces of constructive critcism. We were told twice that the chef's pasta was available to buy but there was none on the menu to try first. That felt slightly odd, especially as we were told it twice. Also, the room could have been warmer. And finally, the bare tables to the right of the door on entry don't look very welcoming. I suspect they are for the bar rather than the restaurant but they could be dressed to make them look a little more friendly.

Small points about what is a very welcome addition to Holt's growing collection of restaurants.

1 Thank 19stfatlad
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Visited the Watermark on a recent weekend visit to Holt and had lovely meals both days. The atmosphere, decor and friendly staff provided a great environment for an informal lunch during the day and a classy evening venue too. Plus, the food was amazing and beautifully presented-really special! The afternoon tea with a range of lovely little cakes, scones, brownies and mince pies was especially sweet and I loved the twinkling fairy lights and charming christmas decorations. I would definitely recommend! Lovely!!