“Stay”
Review of Hempstead Hall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holt
Hempstead Hall
Ranked #17 of 27 Holt B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The route to Hemstead Hall was down a remote single track, but the Hall from the outside was quite impressive. Internally the hall / stairwell had many stuffed animals, including deer mounted heads, birds and ferrets with a mouse in its mouth set within a glass cabinet. The room was fairly basic with 1920,s furniture, free standing electric heater and en-suite with no shower, only shower fitting over the bath for washing hair, not fully tiled to stand up. Breakfast was a full English Breakfast, but did not include baked beans, fried bead, or hash browns. Linda was very welcoming and helpful with respect to local facilities.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mark M
wl60mac, Owner at Hempstead Hall, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry that you were not happy with your stay and sad that you did not mention this whilst you were here.
We are peacefully set on a 300 acre arable farm, thus the ½ mile drive down our well made up private drive from the public road.
I have period furniture as Hempstead Hall is a 19th century house, I feel that modern furniture would not look appropriate in the rooms.
I’m sorry that you were disappointed not to have a shower, I advertise bathrooms, no mention of a shower, so do not understand why you expected one. The addition of hand showers last year have been a great success for guests to wash their hair.
I feel that free standing heaters are ideal, guests have the opportunity to warm their room to the temperature they require during the summer months when central heating is not required.
I have tried hash browns, fried bread and baked beans in the past and they were not very popular, however if anyone should request them when I take the breakfast order it is not a problem as I often have them for vegetarians.
Kind regards Lynda

There are newer reviews for Hempstead Hall

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is our second stay at Hempstead Hall Farm. We love the beautiful, peaceful location and the close proximity to Holt and Cley. This time our spacious, comfortable room overlooked the garden as did the dining room where Lynda served delicious breakfasts. We feel that this is like a home from home and will most definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzy832
wl60mac, Owner at Hempstead Hall, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. It was lovely to see you again, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you both again. Kind regards Lynda.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you are looking for somewhere to relax and totally de-stress in an idyllic location, very close to beautiful Holt, Hempstead Hall is the place to stay .As you approach the house the scene is 'picture postcard' perfect. A very warm welcome from Lynda and William (and the dogs!) is always guaranteed .We have stayed in two of the rooms and these were both beautifully clean and very comfortable. The dining room is gorgeous and Lynda's breakfasts are the best. We will definitely be back again next year. Jane & Barry

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barry J
wl60mac, Owner at Hempstead Hall, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you Jane and Barry for your kind words. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us and will be back again next year. I'm glad you liked Holt, we are so lucky to have such a lovely town close by. We look forward to seeing you again. Warm regards Lynda

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My partner and i recently stayed at Hempstead Hall Farm, from the start it was a very pleasant experience. Lynda made us very welcome, our room was cosy, having a seperate bathroom was no problem at all, breakfast was superb in a delightful victorian dining room, the house and farm were very beautiful, quiet, relaxing, much wildlife to be seen including ducks, geese, hens, two donkeys and a rather stout pony. We stayed two nights, next time we will stay alot longer, can not fault anything, best B & B we have stayed at, welldone Lynda and all at Hempstead Hall. Jayne & Philip

2  Thank Philip L
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Hello Jayne and Philip,

Thank you for the kind words in your review. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and I shall look forward to seeing you both again.

Kind regards

Lynda

Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife & I have now stayed at Hempstead Hall Farm twice, we loved it the first time and decided to go back again in June, Owners Lynda & Will always give a warm welcome and are very helpful and lovely people, our room was very clean and tidy day after day.
Lynda produces the most perfect breakfast you could wish for, once you have got through eating breakfast you wont need anything till evening meal.
The grounds of the farm are lovely for walking with great views all around, there's two donkey's & a pony that love to be fed with apples, carrots, also there's ducks, geese guinea foul & chickens that make up the character of this lovely farm.
The nearby Georgian town of Holt is a short distance away with shops, resturants & pubs, Holt also has a lovely country park with many different walking routes to take.
Sheringham, Cromer, Wells are all nearby to enjoy.
I would recommend staying at Hempstead Hall Farm to all my friends, if you are looking for lovely peaceful surroundings and great hosts, you wont find much better than this.
We have already booked our return visit for June 2013.
Michael & Marlene Moyes of Ipswich.

Room Tip: Ensuite Family Room is nice.
1  Thank 834Mike
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Hi Michael and Marlene,

Thank you for your glowing review, I was so chuffed to read it. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and also enjoyed the farm, I'm sure the donkeys loved having you here and are missing you (and your carrots)!!
I am looking forward to seeing you again next year. Thank you also for recommending us to your friends.

Best wishes

Lynda

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Both my husband and I stayed at Hempstead hall for 3 nights last week. It was lovely and peacefull . The house was VERY CLEAN and breakfast was first class..Lynda was the perfect host -- she treated us like we were part of her family .. It was so lovely to hear the farm animals and the birds certainly country life which is what we wanted.
Thank you to Lynda and William . We would like very much to call on you again....
Regards,
Carol,Bob Mayhew
Ipswich

1  Thank carol m
wl60mac, Owner at Hempstead Hall, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Hello Bob and Carol,
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet you both. Warmest regards Lynda

Reviewed March 14, 2012

we had two seperate rooms with seperate bathrooms.We felt so cold one bathroom was freeezing.the central heating wasnt on only electric heaters in rooms.we both returned home with colds thankfully we had to leave early due to a incident at home.The house itself is a lovely building we felt there would have been more atmosphere due to the age.lynda supplied us with a nice breakfast.Don!t think we will be returning.Also in one bedroom i was bothered with flies which i had to kill.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
wl60mac, Owner at Hempstead Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

I am totally baffled! When you checked into your rooms I explained that the heaters were switched to a medium setting and that you could adjust them up or down according to your preference of heat (some people like a hot room whilst others prefer it cooler).

As you went out a couple of hours later you came and told me that you were cold. Again, I told you that you could put your heaters onto full heat, you nodded and agreed with me. Immediately I went up and checked the settings on your heaters (I also closed one of the windows that was left ajar) both heaters were set to medium and not turned up as I had suggested. I switched them both up to full for you so that the rooms were hot when you returned.

In the morning when I went to service your rooms I noticed that both heaters had been turned down!!

There are heaters in both bathrooms and again on checking in I had suggested that you switched them on before using the bathroom.

I really don’t know what else that I could have done for you. If you had left the heaters switched on to high you would have been very hot as those type of heaters are very efficient, I find my guests turn them down to obtain a comfortable temperature. They are the same heaters as reviewed by guests in February who said that they were lovely and warm!!

Kind regards Lynda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holt
The Lawns Hotel
#5 of 27 in Holt
Mount Farm
Mount Farm
#1 of 2 in Edgefield

Been to Hempstead Hall? Share your experiences!