“Most wonderful B&B !!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Happisburgh
Manor Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Happisburgh B&B and Inns
Germany
“Most wonderful B&B !!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Very warm welcome, lovely rooms, amazing breakfast. Proprietor is very helpful with information about surrounding area, places to see, things to do. B&B has quiet surroundings and off-road-parking. Nice atmosphere in bedrooms, lounge and breakfast-room. Nice pubs and great restaurant nearby.One of the very best B&B's we have ever been to. Absolutely recommendable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This is a wonderful find. Beautiful en suite rooms in a converted 15th century barn - one even has a four poster bed. The breakfast is home cooked in the finest tradition - you will struggle to eat anything else all day. And the price is ridiculously cheap. 10/10

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank NorfolkNews
Bucks
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Rosie Eldridge is not only a great cook but also a very kind and helpful hostess. Her breakfasts are the best! She also cooks a superb dinner, (as good as Brown's Pie Shop in Lincoln, and that takes some beating.) Rosie directed us to several interesting places we might not otherwise have found; she even lent us maps and a newspaper about the prehistoric discoveries on Norfolk's beaches.
The farm-house 'barn' has a cosy common-room lounge, and the ground-floor en suite has a very comfortable four-poster. One tiny niggle: the sink in the shower room is too small to wash your face in... it's a shower or nothing! (But the shower is hot and just right for power.) We felt very rested after our short break there and hope to go back in spring, to see the garden at the Old Vicarage, East Ruston, when the daffodils are out, and to explore more of Norfolk.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
bournemouth
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Manor Farmhouse B & B is set about a mile outside of the quaint village of Happisburgh, Norfolk. It's rather tucked away in the countryside, and would have been tricky to find had the owner not supplied us with very careful directions. The accommodation comprises of a stunning, wisteria covered Georgian house and a separate converted barn, which houses 3 bedrooms, a kitchen and a sitting room area. There is a gravelled drive leading to plenty of parking.

My partner and I arrived and were immediately greeted by the owner, who showed us to our room and even made us a pot of tea! We were in one of the rooms in the converted barn - a light, airy room with a small ensuite bathroom. It was a little cosy in size, and was lacking in storage space for clothes, but nonetheless, a lovely room with a very comfortable bed! We had the barn to ourselves, which was a real bonus: during busy times, we would have had to share this space with 2 other couples, an arrangement which is great for block bookings, but sharing with strangers, we felt, may prove a little more difficult.

Breakfast takes place in the farmhouse itself, and is absolutely to die for! An array of cereals, yogurt and dried fruit is laid out for your choice; a bucket-of-a-cup of real coffee or tea steams away on the carefully laid table, and a choice of continental or full English breakfast is offered, together with the owner's speciality: bagels, scrambled eggs, and smoked salmon. All this is served and cooked by your friendly and genial host, Rosie. We did not need to eat again until the evening!!

Although evening meals can be provided by the owner, we opted for sampling the food in the local pubs. The food was excellent in both The Star (in nearby Lessingham), and Hill House (of Sherlock Holmes fame), and both my partner and I felt very welcomed by the proprietors of each. A superb selection of real ales was also available.

Happisburgh seemed a good base for visiting other parts of the North Norfolk coast. Horsey Windpump is worth a look, and the unspoiled beaches at Horsey is home to a colony of seals, who appear unconcerned by human visitors and will let you get quite close. An experience not to be missed! Happisburgh itself is very small. There is a large church in the centre of the village, and there is the famous red and white striped lighthouse which stands imposingly on the cliff. Visitors can go inside the lighthouse, but as opening times are sporadic (it's independently owned), it's worth checking before making a special visit. Other notable places to see: the National Trust properties, Blickling Hall and Felbrigg Hall, both only 30 mins drive from Happisburgh.

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable visit, made all the more restful by our stay at Manor Farm. Thank you to Rosie and David Eldridge!

Room Tip: barn - sharing? / house - more private. Check
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lizBournemouth
London
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I have stayed in the Manor Farmhouse several times since November 2009. I am a professional musician and travel a lot. The hotels or bed and breakfast that are memorable are either the truly awful or the absolutely fantastic - the other 98% are immediately forgotten. That leaves only the top 1 % of b and b's that I return to. The Manor Farmhouse is absolutely top of that very short list for me.
The reason for my visit this time was part leisure and also part work related. I had been working very hard in London and was feeling that a short break was definitely in order to recharge my batteries. I had also been booked to perform at Snape Maltings in Sussex on the Sunday (we arrived on the Saturday) for a potentially tricky engagement and staying with Rosie and David at Manor Farm was absolutely wonderful for me to put me in the relaxed frame of mind to play at my best.
I love the location of the Farmhouse. The solitude really helps me gather my thoughts and I thoroughly enjoy staying in the barn. I particularly enjoy the fact that I can get mobile phone signal outside the barn but there is no signal on my network (O2) indoors.
I am asthmatic and it is difficult for me if an area is unclean or dusty. The place is kept in excellent condition and short of employing an army of cleaners (which would mean that prices would have to be hiked up), I don't know how Rosie keeps the place as dust free as she does given the blustery Norfolk Coast location. The need for me to not have feather bedding and cotton sheets is catered for with advance notice given by me.
The breakfast is absolutely superb with plenty of choice for all tastes and diets using excellent, locally sourced produce wherever possible. Although we did not take advantage of the evening meal that Rosie and David offer to guests on this occasion, we have done so in the past and it is first rate and excellent value for money.
My wife and I request staying in the room with the four poster bed whenever possible. This has a very recently refurbished en-suite shower and toilet. The other 2 rooms in the barn have baths and toilet. The communal lounge is large, tastefully decorated and with a new fire place. There is also a separate kitchen that my wife and I used to prepare our evening meal.
Rosie and David have two delightful black labradors that we are allowed to borrow and take on walks on the nearby beach. As a dog lover who does not own his own dog at the moment, this is really therapeutic.
Rosie and David are incredibly friendly yet unobtrusive and totally respect my privacy. I truly appreciate the level of service they offer and look forward to visiting again soon. They offer unbelievably good value for money.

Room Tip: four poster with shower
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsRees
Berkshire
Reviewed August 28, 2010

This is a lovely house, quite obviously a family home. Generous breakfast, with a lot of options to suit everyone. Inexpensive.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2crumblies
DC
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We were looked after superbly by Rosie - and enjoyed her cooking (desserts to die for and excellent breakfast especially).
Our room in the barn was very pretty and the location is peaceful.
Outstanding value for money - thoroughly recommend all round!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank avidtravellerDc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Happisburgh
Wayford Bridge Inn
Dairy Barns Bed & Breakfast
Chimneys B & B
Chimneys B & B
#1 of 12 in North Walsham

Been to Manor Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!