“Excellent!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Called in for lunch today, first visit.
Friendly barman, great beer, superb food!!
Greene King 1799 and Aspall Cider - well kept.
"Larger & Lime" Cod, plus Gammon Steak - 10/10!!!
All well cooked (fantastic chips), great sized portions and beautifully presented.
One tiny comment for our lovely waitress - wait until you've presented me with my food before asking what sauces I would like. Sorry; feel mean to mention it :)
It really was superb and for £23 excellent value!!
We'll definitely be going back and thoroughly recommend it.
Wish we'd found it sooner.

1  Thank D H

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We decided to give this a go for Sunday lunch.
Fantastic value for money as the roast dinners were huge and quality was amazing.
Roast beef just cut like butter and potatoes and veg were as fresh as they come.
We did treat ourselves to a pudding which was scrumptious and I can highly recommend the roulade.
We came out totally full up and with drinks for 4 of us it came to around £80 which was really good for the amount of food we had.
We needed a lie down when we got home with such full bellies!

1  Thank PlummyJ
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A really lovely place with a great landlord and beautiful food.. I would not hesitate to recommend.! Steve

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We understand that this restaurant has recently been taken over along with a complete overhaul throughout including the accommodation.
The food and customers service were excellent. Good choice of menu and reasonably priced- although I am not a fan of the small wine bottles.
The owner has been there 14 weeks and he admits that he still has a few things to do. The only "observation" which I shared with him was the very pink ladies loo!! He had decorated the men's and I am told it is cream!! Apparently his daughter took control of the ladies décor!!!!!
This restaurant is certainly worth a visit and we would not hesitate to visit again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

After a bad period in 2012 this pub restaurant has new owners. It has been completely refurbished and is clean and bright. The staff are very welcoming and efficient, good real ales on tap and a wide ranging menu including main meals and snacks. The food was well cooked and presented with good proportions. Prices average for the area. well worth a visit.