“Fantastic - especially for real ale lovers!”
Review of The Bull Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fakenham
The Bull Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Fakenham B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - especially for real ale lovers!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and I were up in Fakenham and decided to have a spot of lunch on a Thursday. It was Market Day in the town and there was a lovely buzzing atmosphere. The pub had four ales and the chap nehind the bar said they also had a cask of cider (I thought about it, but it being over 7% we decided it was a bit too strong with our lunch). My husband had a Wherry and I had a half, a lovely ale that's local apparently. The food was typically pub sourced, but I liked the fact they stated they used free range eggs and the meats were local - I thinkt his theme of sourcing to local suppliers is a really great idea, especially in a town that seems as close knit as Fakenham. The food was wonderful, I had the burger, with chips and coleslaw and relish - very tasty and my husband had the sausage, egg, chips and beans. it was delicious and very filling - great value for money. I especially liked the fact that the Coleslaw was homemade on site - very seldom to establishments take taime out to chop their own cabbage, onions and carrots - it makes such a difference to that awful plastic stuff that many pubs and eatng places serve to their customers. The atmosphere in the pub was welcoming, warm and friendly. The food was great - there were lots of people in eating and there seemded to be a fair few regulars coming and going. Very lovely experience, next time we're up this way with the family we are going to do a steak night!

Room Tip: We didn't stay here but they do have a B&B facility.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank leona r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is probably the best pub in Fakenham, a place you can take your wife/girlfriend/partner. The bar is clean and has a good selection of beers served in clean glasses. This pub can be crowded on a Thursday, Friday & Saturday. The hotel side is more like a hotel was in the 1960's or 70's, really has not hit the 21st century at all, the management could do with visiting some well run hotels around the country to see what the current standards of hotel accommodation is.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fletch238
Fakenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We visit their daily and in the winter their is a lovely fire burning, the pub is modern but with plenty of real ales to choose from. Food is scrumptious and overall a real friendly pub, a joy to vist and have a chat, and I imagine cosy to stay at A real 1st class establishment.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends