“Solid Little Italian”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
il divo pizza and pasta restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Solid Little Italian”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Tucked away off the main street this little Italian was pretty quiet even on a Saturday evening. Not the most extensive menu, but everything we had was good quality and enjoyable. Would be perfectly happy to recommend.

• Visited August 2013

Chester, England, United Kingdom
“A lovely meal”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

As mentioned by others, the menu is limited in comparison with most italian restaurants but there was still plenty to choose from. I had the Arrabbiata pasta and it was lovely. The portion size was very generous and it was extremely tasty. I see a previous reviewer complained it was too garlicky but I did not believe so - but I love garlic!! For start I had some of the garlic bread which was also delicious. The rest of my family thoroughly enjoyed their meals. Some had pizza which looked delicious on a thin crispy base with lots of sauce, which they ate very quickly! I was happy to see that they offered San Pellegrino Limonata drink which is one of my favourites. Also, I must say I enjoyed the music that was playing - it seemed a good mix of genres! Overall i would recommend.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank tomhardygirl
Diss, United Kingdom
“Mediocre food and poor customer service”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Living in Diss we were pleased to here that an Italian restaurant was opening in the town but unfortunately have found this place very disappointing.

Having been here on two separate occasions (several months apart) we have decided that we are not likely to visit again. This is a real shame as if they sorted out the service & improved the food we would have been regular customers. I cannot see this happening though unfortunately.

Firstly the food:
The pizzas are rather good, I have no issues with these although there was much of a choice of toppings. The pasta dishes that we have had so far have been rather nasty. The arrabiata in particular was far too garlicky and the smell was actually making me feel queasy it was so overpowering! I know Italian food contains garlic and like it in most dishes but this was something else. Apart from a bulb of garlic and a tin of chopped tomatoes I could not taste any other seasoning and could have made something much more tasty myself at home.

The Service:
Not very professional I'm afraid. The waitress was very young and perhaps inexperienced. We asked for a bottle of white wine, the young lady arrived with the bottle (which was room temperature & not chilled!!) and two glasses and plonked them on the table, she even left the glasses upside down. No chance of her filling the glasses for us then! We were also not asked if we wanted anything else such as parmesan cheese for the pasta or chilli oil for the pizza which we would normally expect at an Italian. After our meal we were asked if we wanted to look at the dessert menu which we did, however this took so long to arrive that by the time the waitress came back we decided to ask for the bill as we just wanted to leave. The staff seemed more interested in cleaning up and clearly wanted to close (this was around 9 pm on a Saturday so not exactly late!) rather than serving the only customers that they had.

• Visited April 2013
United Kingdom
“Clean premises, pleasant service and good food”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

You get exactly what it says on the box here. Spacious premises, kept beautifully clean, smiling and unfussy service, and tasty food from a limited menu. I had a very good warm chicken salad, my OH had a thin based pizza which he enjoyed very much but couldn't finish, so it was packed up for him in a little box to take home. Would definitely go there again if in Diss.

Visited June 2013
norwich
“Superb hidden gem”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Tucked away in a courtyard, Il Divo does pasta and pizza. It does it very well.

The staff are friendly, and the pizzas made from fresh dough - they are thin and excellent.

The cajun chicken pasta is particularly good, and a full portion is only for the hungry!

• Visited June 2013