“New kid on the block”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
il divo pizza and pasta restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Diss, United Kingdom
“New kid on the block”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Their expensive Burger is fantastic and it feeds both my daughter and myself. The last time we were there, we were offered a free hot drink, and had lovely very nice hot chocolates. Staff always friendly

Visited November 2012

Bern, Switzerland
“Reasonable Italian fare”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Went in as a group of 4 adults and 2 children. Service was good, and friendly, the food was good. I'd say it was a little overpriced - Over £9 for a bowl of pasta is, I think, a little over the top for lunch in a place like Diss, but generally it was a positive experience.

• Visited October 2012
suffolk
“When in Diss......”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Popped in for an early lunch and although Il Divo has been in Diss for a while, this was our first visit. The restaurant is set off the main street in a quiet courtyard which would have been lovely to sit at a table outside....however it was one of those 3 very hot and sunny days that we had this summer so we decided to be inside. The decor inside is quite pleasant with tables spread reasonably apart, lighting is good, not to bright, not to dark. Despite the heat outside, it was reasonably cool inside.
Upon arrival we were offered our choice of table....we were early and first in! Menus were proferred followed swiftly by a bowl of tomato bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.....very tasty (and free).
The efficient waitress (not sure if she was the owners wife???) quickly noticed that the menus had been perused and she came and took our orders.
A tasty chicken and bacon salad for Mrs John and an American hot pizza for me....both of which were very fresh and very tasty.....not sure if I got the "extra hot" version that I asked for or whether it was the norm but it was certainly suited to my palette! The pizza base was in between thin and deep pan and probably I would have preferred a little thinner but it was fine.
Accompanied by a couple of glasses of reasonable quality house white and a diet coke (£2.35 for a can!!!!) the bill totalled a tad under £30.00. Not the cheapest lunch in Diss but very good... perfectly reasonable in my book.
Diss as a town centre unfortunately is suffering like many towns....bookies and charity shops are taking over but if you find St Nicholas Street and the small courtyards off there, many small, individual shops seem to thrive. Il Divo is one of those and we will be back.
John