“Lovely place for a home cooked meal!”
Review of The Botesdale Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Botesdale Kitchen
Cuisines: British
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Visited this lovely cafe for lunch today with my partner and his grandmother. We could not have chosen a better place! The host was great and even though it got quite busy she was still attentive and friendly. The food was fresh, hot and delicious! We had the toad in the hole and bread and butter pudding- English classics! Highly recommend both dishes and this excellent place to dine.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My family and I went to Botesdale Kitchen today with my in-laws who live in the next village. We were looking forward to a lovely lunch having read the reviews on Trip Advisor - I always check Trip Advisor when venturing out to new places.
You can imagine our disappointment when we were greeted by a harassed disgruntled owner who declared she had taken over the business two weeks ago and was too busy sorting the 'mess that had been left behind'. Not a great way to win over new clients. Regardless to say we left but it's a shame as my in-laws know everyone in their village and I really don't think they will rush to recommend this eatery.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Located just off the A143 in the small village of Botesdale in the High Street, you will find this excellent cafe / restaurant. Very easy to find.

It is a perfect "pit stop" if you are driving along the A143 between Bury and Diss - in fact you can drive off the A143, stop at the cafe and then carry on through the village and back on the A143 - so a true "pit stop".

The cafe is probably the most stunning and well fitted out I have been in to for years. Soft furnishings and fantastic restoration of the old building which was a bakery years ago.

Check out the old chimmey in the kitchen at the back. Classic FM playing in the background and with an awesome host that of "Gail" who will welcome and look after you.

Whilst we really like the cafe in Ixworth which is just down the road, this now gives a really good alternative.

Far better than the "Best cafe in Suffolk" based in Wortwell - just down the road- which has unfriendly staff and no atmosphere.

2  Thank geocachegang
Reviewed October 9, 2011

A relatively new eaterie, we visited on a weekday morning and were surprised to see how busy it was with locals popping in for a coffee and a cake, to us opting for the full English, to others for a light lunch. People were already coming in to reserve for the 'new' Sunday lunch which was already showing signs of being very popular. Owner managed, intimate but welcoming, this is a welcome addition to the local scene. Good food, good value and good surroundings - well worth a visit.

3  Thank suffolkdale