“Don't pass the door!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Don't be deceived by the outside appearance. The food, the welcome and the prices are all excellent. There is game pie on the menu this week. We will be there again today!

2  Thank GeneralD0gsb0dy

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I went with a friend for lunch during the week. We had something from the OAP's special board (choice of 3 starters, main courses and puddings) and I had the breaded plaice, chips and peas followed by mincemeat tart and cream. The plaice was perfect, the chips were home made and the pudding was like something my grandmother would make and with fresh whipped cream. Good home cooked food - no frozen or pre cooked stuff. Generous portions. 2 courses for £5.70 and I've got another 20 years before I become an OAP but still could have the OAP's special! Highly recommend.

2  Thank stephtaryn
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We took some family members here for meal. The menu was good with plenty to choose from. The quality of the food was really very good with plentiful portions . Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were also able to recommend some dishes to us. The price for six of us was under eighty pounds including a bottle of wine. Excellent value would not hesitate to return or recommend .

3  Thank MumsieSuffolk
Reviewed September 11, 2013

What a lovely find ! Good home cooked food at very reasonable prices and friendly staff too. Prices around £7 for a main course, we both had braised beef with red wine. It was delicious. Puddings, even my hubby had one .Bread and butter for him, lime cheesecake for me :) I was stuck for choice. Total bill , just over £26! We will be back !

4  Thank michelle-dave-i
Reviewed June 6, 2013

An Angel touched my Liver and Bacon in he kitchen last night and then moved on to my treacle tart before sending to me. My wife enjoyed her salmon and Pecan Pie.
The music was fantastic. Beer always good . all staff friendly and helpful. Sue even offered to by me a drink on my Birthday!
We are really very lucky to have such a gem

2  Thank panhandle d