“Wonderful”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 23, 2010

How I so agree with the other reviews. We first went for lunch about 6 months ago, with no reservation. The welcome we received was wonderful - as was the food. Since then we have been back for lunch with friends who live locally to us - again wonderful. Then for lunch with friends who were over from New Zealand - again wonderful. Then for anh evening meal with 4 other people. Again - you've guessed it - wonderful. The fixed price 3 course lunch is exceptional value - although a la carte is also available. The ingredients and chef's skill are amazing. Equally, the evening a la carte was incredible.

There is an excellent choice of wines by the galss - very important when there are only two people and one is driving. The atmosphere and welcome are fantastic.

We look forward to many more visits.

1 Thank TommoNorfolk

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“A decadent;y unhurried dining delight!”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

The Fox and Goose came highly recommended and I must say it didnt fail to deliver. We were given a table in the middle dining room - and I do have to agree with a previous reviewer the decor doesnt do the evening justice. With some careful design, well chosen artwork and more intimate lighting the overall experience could be wonderful.

The food however is truly delightful. The menu choice not as extensive as my partner and I have sampled elsewhere but the food we chose was exquisite in both taste and presentation. The Alburgh loin of lamb cooked exactly to my request - perfection!

The desert choice proved to be our downfall however with my handsome partner unable to chose and opting instead for 3 deserts for us to share! The rhubard crumble ice was fabulous, the crème brûlée divine, and my partners particular favourite, the bramley apple sorbet scrumptious!

If you, like us, enjoy imaginative food, exquisitively cooked and beautifully presented then i would definately recommend a table at the Fox and Goose. We fully intend to return in the very near future.

1 Thank WideEyedLover
Staffordshire
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant, but I must insist I get the bad stuff out of the way first. The decor is rather old-fashioned and plain, when we went the staff were a tad over-worked so there was always a bit of wait (but then we are the sort who like to be in and out pretty quick) and the atmosphere isn't exactly electric as it's small and there were only two tables occupied. But the food makes it worth it! I must add that although the dining room is a little dull, it does give you nice views out into the garden.

The food is modern British. It is all beautifully presented and cooked very well. All three courses were enjoyed by my wife and I very much. I had a pork dish for the main and the meat was deliciously succulent with the best roast potato I've ever seen! My wife was very impressed with the creme bruleé and the treacle tart I had was perfect!

It's not exactly a cosmopolitan location, but if you want really good food for reasonable value (£16 for three courses at lunch) then I'd thoroughly recommend it.

There is a pub bit added to it if you want a drink before or after, but we didn't go in that.

1 Thank miccahotpants
suffolk
“Fox and Goose, Fressingfield”
Reviewed July 25, 2009

This restaurant just gets better and better. They have now opened a bar area downstairs which includes a bar restaurant and the A la carte is upstairs with a smaller room downstairs for guests who cannot manage the stairs.

We have been going to this restaurant for years now and can't fault it. So reasonably price yet the most amazing food. The attention to detail is 2nd to none and all the staff are so friendly and helpful. A real joy to dine there which we do, mostly twice a week! Cant get enough of it!

Well done Paul and Sarah and all your lovely friendly girls and boys!

4 Thank PopsieCooper
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Have been going to this restaurant for approx 3 years now, and have never yet been disappointed. The food is wonderful,and beautifully presented -real fine dining at a very reasonable price and in a warm and relaxed atmosphere. The staff are friendly,attentive and nothing seems too much trouble. We have always been in the evenings, but last time tried their lunch menu. Very good,as always, and excellent value. Tried to reserve a table for for Sunday lunch but they were fully booked, not surprised! Every time we have visitors we take them here and they all rave about it. Be sure to book a table though, they get very busy, especially at weekends

3 Thank LouSuffolk

Been to Fox and Goose? Share your experiences!