We realise that this hotel is still 'a work in progress'.
The tarriff of £65 per room per night, including breakfast ( of excellent local produce ) is very reasonable. We had dinner in the hotel on two evenings. The menu was extensive, reasonably priced, well cooked and presented.
Our room ( entitled a 'suite') was well furnished, but the bathroom, although clean, looked desperately in need of an update. We were assured that bathrooms and carpets are next on the list for replacement -- hence 'a work in progress'.
The flat screen, wall-mounted television refused to work. The delightful staff member who tried to remedy this, eventually went off to find us a portable set which would only allow us to watch 'snow'. We were transferred to the newly appointed 'bridal suite', in an annexe. The tv there also refused to work. The owner was due to return on the day of our departure and we assume she has made communication with the installer by now!
The hotel sits on a large corner plot between two rather busy roads, with several lorries plying up and down rather early in the morning. The garden area is well tended and attractive.Reception and waiting staff are all very pleasant with lovely smiles which we find to be something of a rarity in too many establishments these days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Hotel offers 19 en suite rooms. Free Wi Fi in the public areas and rooms. Bar, patio, terrace with childs play area, restuarant, and large funtion room. We are open all day everyday for food and drink to redidents and non residents. The hotel is within walking distance to the town centre of Diss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Park hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Hotel Hotel Diss
- Park Hotel Diss
- The Park Hotel Diss, UK - Norfolk