“Dinner/Dance”

and 1 more site!
The Park hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Diss
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I attended a dinner/dance there recently. It was warm and inviting,the staff were friendly.The tables were nicely presented.All spoilt by a poor standard of food.The roast potatoes were rock hard they seem to have either been re heated,double cooked or kept warm for a long time. A good variety of vegetables but over cooked.The dance scored 10 out of 10 and saved the evening.I can not comment on accomodation as I did not stay.

Room Tip: If you stay here eat elsewhere.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Arriving at The Park Hotel, Diss, straight away you are made to feel most welcome. The rooms are beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. The staff are attentive and knowledgeable of local events. We had a truly wonderful weekend, eating both nights in the restaurant at the Hotel, good food and wines, very reasonably priced, we are looking forward to are next stay at the Park Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Sunday lunchtime and is snowing. On our way to a pub for lunch and we thought we should stop in The Park Hotel to see what it was like.
They managed to accommodate us easily and although there was only myself , wife and 6 month old baby they gave us as lovely window seat to sit and watch the snow.
Then we had the carvery........
The beef was a perfect shade of red and was, I thought, about the best meat I had tasted for some time, until I had done of the pork. Wow, what a superb meal, with great service and a lovely point of real ale.
Definitely made me question wether or not I will ever cook another roast meal!
Perfect.
Thank you.

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was caught by a freak snow storm and was stuck in the town of diss searched on POI option on my sat nav and hotel option and the parks details came up.

Rang hotel said yes no problem have room available upon arriving staff so helpful and polite nothing too much trouble lovely clean bright rooms very nice bar & restaurant cannot recommend enough.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank robert e
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have stayed quite a few times at this hotel and have always had a lovely stay. Friendly staff, clean rooms, delicious food and nothing too much trouble. We always feel like part of the family. We have our staff/family and friends Christmas party at 'the party in the park Christmas nights' for several years now - it's very good value and we have always had a super time. We have attended a few of the New Years Eve Gala nights again absolutely perfect. In fact it is such a friendly place we even held our daughters wedding there last summer. It all went perfectly so we can also highly recommend it for a wedding venue. We will be booking again for sure :)

Room Tip: The rooms have radiators with thermostats so if it's chilly turn it up and if it's too warm...
1  Thank Alison E
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Christmas Day lunch was just sensational. Anyone who's not had some of the chef's speciliaties really does need to get down there! Amazing spread, amazing flavours.

Martin - I tip my hat to you son, you have got it all going on.

Wizard sang "I wish it could be Christmas every day" - and with food like that so do I. So do I...

Thanks!

1  Thank Edfred71
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked in for afternoon tea with my mum and my sister who had just had a baby. We were given such a warm welcome, and my sister, as a regular was presented with a bottle of champagne and a huge teddy bear for her little boy. We had mulled wine and coffee, and the hugest array of sandwiches and festive cakes that you could imagine. Will definitely go back again while the mulled wine is still available. Staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough for us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Diss
Best Western Brome Grange Hotel
#1 of 1 in Harleston
Holly Tree Cottage
Holly Tree Cottage
#1 of 3 in Darsham

Been to The Park hotel? Share your experiences!