“The best carvery we have ever had!”
Review of The Park hotel

The Park hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Diss
Diss, United Kingdom
“The best carvery we have ever had!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Sunday lunchtime and is snowing. On our way to a pub for lunch and we thought we should stop in The Park Hotel to see what it was like.
They managed to accommodate us easily and although there was only myself , wife and 6 month old baby they gave us as lovely window seat to sit and watch the snow.
Then we had the carvery........
The beef was a perfect shade of red and was, I thought, about the best meat I had tasted for some time, until I had done of the pork. Wow, what a superb meal, with great service and a lovely point of real ale.
Definitely made me question wether or not I will ever cook another roast meal!
Perfect.
Thank you.

Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
surrey uk
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was caught by a freak snow storm and was stuck in the town of diss searched on POI option on my sat nav and hotel option and the parks details came up.

Rang hotel said yes no problem have room available upon arriving staff so helpful and polite nothing too much trouble lovely clean bright rooms very nice bar & restaurant cannot recommend enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank robert e
Diss, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have stayed quite a few times at this hotel and have always had a lovely stay. Friendly staff, clean rooms, delicious food and nothing too much trouble. We always feel like part of the family. We have our staff/family and friends Christmas party at 'the party in the park Christmas nights' for several years now - it's very good value and we have always had a super time. We have attended a few of the New Years Eve Gala nights again absolutely perfect. In fact it is such a friendly place we even held our daughters wedding there last summer. It all went perfectly so we can also highly recommend it for a wedding venue. We will be booking again for sure :)

Room Tip: The rooms have radiators with thermostats so if it's chilly turn it up and if it's too warm...
1 Thank Alison E
Norwich
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Christmas Day lunch was just sensational. Anyone who's not had some of the chef's speciliaties really does need to get down there! Amazing spread, amazing flavours.

Martin - I tip my hat to you son, you have got it all going on.

Wizard sang "I wish it could be Christmas every day" - and with food like that so do I. So do I...

Thanks!

1 Thank Edfred71
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked in for afternoon tea with my mum and my sister who had just had a baby. We were given such a warm welcome, and my sister, as a regular was presented with a bottle of champagne and a huge teddy bear for her little boy. We had mulled wine and coffee, and the hugest array of sandwiches and festive cakes that you could imagine. Will definitely go back again while the mulled wine is still available. Staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough for us.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My partner & I have stayed at The Park on several occasions when visiting family in Diss. It is lovely to find a hotel that has friendly staff, a comfortable modern bar that plays background music so even if there are not many people in the bar you don't feel like you have to whisper! The food is outstanding & the carvery on Sundays is to die for.....

The rooms have been beautifully & tastefully updated. The whole atmosphere of the hotel has a "feel good" factor.

Would highly recommend to singles,couples or groups of friends. When the hotel have their live band nights in the bar, every other Friday I think. What a great night for every age group ( we are over 60) great atmosphere & great fun!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms with a new bathroom.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
East Anglia, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is the second year we have been here for boxing day lunch and the food is excellent as much as you can eat starter main and desert tea and coffee,all the staff were very friendly, good atmosphere only one thing the price has gone up a bit from last year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Diss
Best Western Brome Grange Hotel
#7 of 11 in Bury St. Edmunds
The Old Rectory Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick

Been to The Park hotel? Share your experiences!