“Unless you have nowhere else to go, do not stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Park hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Diss
New York
“Unless you have nowhere else to go, do not stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

My fiancee and I were checking out hotels in the Diss area as we were having our wedding nearby. We wanted to choose something easy to access from the Train Station as the majority of our guests were coming in from London. The Park Hotel was the first place we went to. Looking at the website it seemed like a nice place and we were excited that our search potentially was over. We went to the hotel to check it out and to speak to management about setting up a block room reservation. First of all, this place looked NOTHING like the website. I was convinced we were in the wrong parking lot! It looked so run down and so close to the main road (which was conjested). It was NOT a good first impression. Never wanting to judge a book by it's cover, I went into the hotel hoping for better - expecting better. We walked into a really drab and tired looking Lobby. The reception was empty, the lounge/bar next door looked like a dirty airport waiting area. We waited for a receptionist, one never came. We started walking around, shocked that we were able to walk all the way up to the hallways where the rooms were - talk about lack of security! The carpets were stained and dirty (which would be fine if the hotel had any character at all) and the air was very dusty and stale, which was strange because all the doors to the exterior were propped open (again, shocking lack of security!) We left the hotel disappointed in the managemnt and disgusted by the hotel. Needless to say, our search for a hotel for our guests continued.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank apc829

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

probably one of the most comfortable and friendliest hotels I've ever stayed in. nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff, I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

This is a really nice hotel I believe there are new owners who have invested in this hotel - the staff are lovely - rooms very clean and I also could not fault our room either - cooked breakfast was lovely - would stay at the Park if down in this part of the world again

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

i use this hotel regularly for business approx 2 - 3 times a week , the staff are very welcoming even though i use it regularly it has been the same since day 1, i have used this hotel now for nearly 4 years and seen a family business strive to give the best possible service they can and make every customer feel very welcome and relaxed they have invested a lot of money to make sure your stay has alll the creature comforts and a good night sleep.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

We stayed at the park hotel for 3 nights and found it a lovely place to stay. great staff and lovely food, overall i would recommended this hotel to anyone wanting great food and relaxing time. also great for business trips.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for convenience/location. It was a disgrace. The first room I was given had no key, the second was in an annex and in the third I was woken at 3.30am by loud voices, banging and disturbance right outside my room door which was at the end of a corridor and extremely unnerving. I tried to call reception - no answwer and this went on until almost 5am. I discovered later the gentlemen involved had 'disarmed' the reception phone which is why the reception extension wasn't getting to the on site member of staff. The experience was awful and on mentioning this on check out ( I still paid for my room by the way as I felt I'd used it slept in it showered in it and it would have to be cleaned etc ), the receptionist was frankly rude and made me feel I was wrong in complaining. As a solo female a long way from home, I hope to feel safe and comfortable in a hotel, I didn't here and I would never stay there again either on my own or with my family.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cat186411
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

Having Travelled upto Norfolk town of Diss we decided to stay at the park hotel in Diss Norfolk. we arrived late and was given a very warm greeting by the reception. the rooms are modern and clean and the food was great, a very modern and cosy bar area. if you have time take a 5 min walk to the park and Mere (lake) . lovely on a summers day.

we would definitely stay again

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Diss
Scole Inn
#1 of 1 in Harleston
The Old Rectory Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick

Been to The Park hotel? Share your experiences!