“Home made cakes to die for!”
Review of Deepdale Cafe

Deepdale Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Never been to this cafe before always thought it was part of garage! what a lovely surprise.
Food was wholesome and generous with plenty of choice.
Home made Victoria sponge was just like my mums.
Staff were friendly and efficient

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were disappointed when we visited this year as it was just not the same. Food is trying to be of a high standard but not quite making it. The fishcakes were not too bad and went well with the chutney accompanying them. The salad however was old and slimy, we didnt pay for it and no-one offered an apology. The pumpkin soup was quite odd tasting, we thought perhaps ginger had been added but no-one knew! Young people working there hadnt a clue what they were serving and looked liked they couldnt care less. Person in charge needs to come out from behind the counter and manage this place properly. Such a shame as it is a great looking place with so much potential!

1  Thank catface444
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am so disappointed that I find myself writing an updated review compared to my visit here last year, with a negative approach.

While driving up to Norfolk from the South we were both excited and "dreaming" about the creamy latte's that we were going to order and the delicious food that is always on offer, and plentiful......... well, it seems that it was not to be!

The cafe was fairly busy, though not full to capacity. We were shown to our table, order was taken, and then the food arrived. I chose the hummus with salad and instead of a pitta bread I asked for just some wholemeal bread. Well, I literally got a small scoop of hummus, a slice of thin, low-cost wholemeal bread, so flimsy it almost fell apart when I picked it up, and a pathetic piece of green leaf.

My husband however, did have a good meal, and could not fault it.

I hope this was just an unfortunate "blip", and a one-off, and hope that the consistently good food is not a distant memory. I always look forward to my visits here, and will give it another try, and hope that all is well!

1  Thank English-Rose01
Reviewed August 31, 2013

what a lovely place to eat breakfast! service was great and the prices were reasonable, I would recommend this place

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went to Norfolk to visit friends, who suggested Breakfast at The Deepdale Cafe we'd used a few times before - what a surprise, and not a nice one!!
I had a 'large breakfast' and my partner and close friend had smoked salmon, we had two teas and one coffee - £29.30 not great value I thought initially, but then I was having a 'large breakfast' ......or so I was lead to believe!
Served on an 8 or maybe 9" place - there were two TINY (but tastey admittedly) sausages, 2 pieces of bacon, two eggs, one cooked and one slimy (I couldn't eat it!), a few mushrooms, a bit of tomato and a tiny slice of toast followed......most disappointing, and as another reviewer commented, I also felt very hungry after finishing. My two friends were most unimpressed with the 'cheap' quality smoked salmon. Very poor value when It did arrive......55 minutes after ordering. And we were plagued by wasps, and the servers (youngsters, college kids?) were pretty much uninterested in everybody's plight concerning this......other then suggesting they take the sugar away! I don't think we'll be returning there either I'm sorry to say!!

1  Thank DarrowLeicestershire