“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Extremely good food at a reasonable price and excellent friendly service. One of the best meals I've ever had and well worth the visit!

1  Thank adz28
There are newer reviews for Embrujo

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I actually got lost on the way to Pizza Hut, but I'm very glad we did!

We stumbled across this restaurant all alone on the road so you will need a designated driver or taxi number handy. It's a big car park, and boats even moor up beside the place to get takeaway.

It was very quiet for a Saturday night so I can't say there was much of an atmosphere, but the peace suited us.

The food was reasonably priced especially considering the portion sizes! We had olives and garlic bread to start, but before they arrived the waiter brought over some complimentary bread and chorizo. When the garlic bread arrived it was half a loaf of fresh bread! Very tasty though, non of that frozen pre-packed garlic bread you sometimes get. The olives were large and tasty but still had the stones in which I personally don't like.

For main, we had the Paella de Carne for two, and there was enough in the dish for four! The flavours were delicious, and there was plenty of meat which we were impressed with. The waiter was perfectly happy to let us take what we left home with us, and it's still tasty warmed up a few days later!

The service was prompt and friendly, and we were even given a small complimentary drink each after our meal.

Overall, I'm very glad we skipped the processed food of Pizza Hut that night, and would definitely visit again!

1  Thank Emxemx
Reviewed June 20, 2013

What a fantastic place, it looks so lonely as the only place on a very busy road, but it has a very large car park. It is a big restaurant and also a tapas bar, so don't feel obliged to have to eat in there, or if you only want a snack or just a drink.
My family and I went in on a Tues night and there was only us and another couple, although it was not peak holiday season, please, please don't let the lack of customers indicate an adverse experience, it is anything but...
The food is excellent, freshly prepared, including the tapas, this was one of the finest spanish meals I have ever had, only eclipsed by tapas on a holiday to Menorca.
We opted for a selection of tapas as a starter and then paella for our main. The tapas was beautiful and included patatas bravas (accompanied by a lovely sauce), croquettas, garlic prawns (mm), fabulous meatballs amongst others. The main paella which indicates is for 2 people, easily fed our four adults, although if you opted for the paella on it's own, this would be a good sized meal for two hungry adults.
We opted for a bottle of red rioja which was oaky and very complimentary to the food. The wine seemed to 'evaporate' quite quickly, so we then followed with the house wine, which in itself would have been a great choice. They also serve it in large wine glasses, which really helps you appreciate the taste.
We all had coffees afterwards and I would challenge anyone as to whether they have had a better coffee, the cream, biscuits, it's worth stopping here just for a coffee.
In the next couple of weeks, Fernando, the very welcoming and accomodating manager, is running a bbq on the river side, this should be a tasty addition and I am sure the aromas for those walking or travelling on the waterways, will be a big draw in!
This restaurant has a mooring point nearby and is well signposted so should not be missed by those on the water.
Please don't let this restaurant pass you by, we will have our holiday in Norfolk next year and can't wait to check out Embrujo again. If you like a sweet tipple after dinner, be sure to try the 43, I hope you won't be disappointed, it would accompany a pudding very nicely, we just did not have the room left to eat one!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My partner and I visited this place after driving past it on the way to Great Yarmouth. It was a Monday night and we were the only customers, but the food tasted excellent, was reasonably priced and tere was plenty of it - so much that we took a doggy bag home.

I'd thoroughly recommend a visit, it looks family friendly with kids toys in one area of the restaurant and they also sell Spanish cheeses and other food for you to take home.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We've been to the Broads for boating holidays twice in the last couple of years and have sailed past Embrujo on a few occasions but have never decided to give it a try until last night as it was in a convenient place for us to moor for the night. And all I can say is I'm so glad we made the effort! It was a Tuesday night so we expected it to be empty. It probably would have been if it weren't for a large party having a celebration dinner. Upside is we had the pick of tables! It's a rather large venue with a big bar area and separate restaurant area. Not knowing the portion sizes, we ordered a starter plus 6 tapas between two of us and a bottle of cava. The Spanish waiter was helpful, friendly and polite. We were given free tapas tasters with our wine whilst we waited for our order which were lovely. The food came out a couple of dishes at a time which is just the way we like it as it gives you the time to try things bit by bit. And the food? Delicious! Everything we tried was tasty and fresh. The only problem we had was finishing what we'd ordered as there was so much! We were even given chopitos after our meal. And when the bill came we were pleasantly surprised at the value! My Mum is Spanish and my parents live in Spain so we have tried a lot of tapas in our time and I can truly say this meal goes right up there with some of the best I've had and I wouldn't hesitate to try it again next time we're on a Broads holiday.