“excellant hotel however the spa treatment lets it down”

Redworth Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redworth
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“excellant hotel however the spa treatment lets it down”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

This was our second visit to the hotel as our first visit was cancelled due to a water leak. as we had already travelled to the hotel on the day, the manager upgraded us to a suite on our next visit with a bottle of champange for our troubles. the room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. The jucuzzi bath was excellant. the food and service was really good and lots of choice for your breakfast. however the only downside to our stay ? we book 2 x 30 minute beauty treatments . I was taken into my room at 5 past the hour, then left for about 10 mins to "make myself comfortable" my treatment then ended about 52 mins past the hour so in total I only recieved less then 40 minutes treatment. so overall it is worth staying at the hotel as the hotel service is really good. however if you are booking any treatments make sure you get your full time allocated. Also try to avoid half term or school holidays as the pool was full of very loud children.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
north yorkshire
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I stayed here with my children for one night in a family room, which according to the website was styled to a contemporary level, it was not, the website is very misleading as all the family rooms are very dated.
We were given our key to the room and were very dissapointed with what we found. The room I have to say was very spacious and the bed linen fresh and clean and that is where it stops.
The decor was faded, musty and tired. The drapes were stained and faded with the sun, the furniture was chipped, the wall paper had been torn and there was a dent in the wall. the bathroom was clean but the grouting and the seal around the bath were discoloured and the button for the radio didn't work. the toilet paper was very very thin value and the towels were thin having I guess to have been washed and better washed. The rubber bath mat was black on the under side, very off putting.
I asked the reception to be shown to a contemporary room and she explained that they were all the same style, but was happy to show us them if we wanted to move, we did move, but the style was still the dated look.
The swimming pool was nice and warm,but the changing room was disgusting, There was a revolting smell of blocked drains, dirty tissues and wet towels on the grubby floor. The lockers were scratched and the showers grubby with only cheap shampoo, no body wash or conditioner, not in my opinion to a 4 star standard at all.
The breakfast was very average, the usual cerals and yoghurt, toast etc, but the fruit selection was poor, halved grapefruits piled up, a bowl of fruit salad which was mainly apple and 3 pieces of tired looking melon.
The hot section included scrambled egg standing in milky water, fried eggs set hard and turning yellow on the white part, tinned mushrooms, rock hard fried bread, beans and bacon.
All very poor quality and not very appetising, there were mini croissants and pastries which to be fair were quite nice.
The dining room was cool and other guests commented on feeling cold, lots of staff hanging around, chatting.
There were peculiar smells throughout the hotel, with lounge areas with dirty glasses left on tables and no one using them, it looked very un welcoming, no hint of warmth, lack of lamps and fresh flowers I felt.
All the staff throughout the hotel were very helpful, friendly and polite, so no probs there.
I did ask to discuss my questionaire with the manager before I left the hotel and he was very accomodating with my list of negatives and offered me a discount as I was not satisfied. he said the website would be looked into, as only a few of the rooms have been refurbished and they are planning to invest money into the leisure club.
My daughter said the hotel reminded her of her Grandmas house and I think that sums it up, very dated, but nice staff, lots of room for improvement.
We have stayed at three, 4 star hotels in the last 6 months and this in my opinion doesn't come up to the level expected. Very poor.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Just an overnight stay but couldn't fault it at all.
Check in very efficient and helpful, room good size, tasteful decor, comfy with all you'd expect as well as being very clean. Leisure facilites very good as were arrangements for using them eg lockers and towels and breakfast also was good and had extensive choice.
Would visit again and recommend.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2011

The welcome from Reception on arrival was brilliant. The Receptionist was so friendly and helpful and gave brilliant directions to get to our room. Our room was amazing!! The bed was extremely large and comfortable and the furniture in the room was lovely. Not flat packed furniture like some other hotels! The bathroom was beautiful with an amazing power shower with about 6 shower heads!! Everything was so clean and well cared for. The spa was lovely - the pool was beautiful in the solarium and we had a thoroughly lovely relaxing afternoon swimming and using the steam room, jacuzzi and sauna. We had evening meal in the hotel and breakfast and both meals were beautiful - the choice at breakfast was amazing! All the staff were brilliant - they were all so cheerful, friendly and helpful. We had a fabulous stay and can't wait to go back again!!

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2011

This hotel is set in beautiful grounds, and is really easy to find. The staff were all very friendly and helpful including the cleaners. Food was lovely, and there was plenty on offer at breakfast. Leisure facilities were also good, and the families who were there with younger children seemed to be having fun. Rooms were amazing, we stayed in a Deluxe Spa room and we could not fault it. Overall a really relaxing and enjoyable stay.

1 Thank natburns
Selby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2011

The Redworth Hall hotel came very highly recommended by my wife's parents, we had carefully planned a 2 day mid week break with eager excitement. Redworth Hall did not dissapoint us. The drive way leading up to the Hall from the main road is most impressive, the Hall stands in fine well cared grounds. Our first glimpse of the Hall as we turned the corner was WOW !.
A beautiful looking stone building bursting with history. Our greeting at reception was polite and genuinley couteous. We had recently enrolled as Barcelo Lifetime members and my wife enquired if it were possible to upgrade at no extra cost, much to her delight the request was positive and we were given a suite at no extra charge.

The living room was beautifully appointed, as was the bedroom and bathroom. The hotel boasts a well equipped gym, swimming pool, sauna & beauty Spa plus a hair salon. My wife had soon forgotten about our two teenage boys !.
One Tip ! make sure you book a table in the restaurant, the menu somewhat limited, however it was made up for by wonderful looking and tasting food from the chef.
I would certainly recommend using room service for breakfast, a little lazy I know, indulgent yes, but definately romantic. My wife needed to be pampered and Redworth Hall Hotel certainly does that bit very well.
We would certainly recommend Redworth Hall to friends & family.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2011

very nice ,excellent service ..would certainly stay there again ,many bargain stays,very nice staff made very welcome ,rooms are very roomy clean ,lovely showers ,the spa room is a must ordered champers and chocs ,staff carnt do enough for you

1 Thank anniepete30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redworth
Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant
Lumley Castle Hotel
Lumley Castle Hotel
#5 of 19 in Durham

Been to Redworth Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!