“Possibly one of the finest hotels I've ever stayed in!”

Redworth Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redworth
“Possibly one of the finest hotels I've ever stayed in!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I used this hotel whilst working in the area and have to say just driving up to the hotel was breathtaking, I felt like I had entered a bond film and the spa room didn't dissapoint either! My only criticism is that the resteraunt could do with up dating and you would typically expect finer food (essentially its pub grub). Other than that I'd recommend it for a getaway or stay whilst you work. Just a tip but try to get a spa room! Oh and make sure to ask if there are any functions on as the music does travel. Definetly give it a go though if you are in the area!

• Stayed May 2012
Nicholas T, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Redworth Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Hotels Collection. I have noted your comments on the food, and will pass these on to our new Head Chef.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Nick Testa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at theis hotel over the weekend, my husband 2 daughters and I. May I say that the hotel is lovely, the old building is beautiful!! my daughters spent most the time in the pool which was small but nice!! The beds where very comfortable and the room was very clean. Evening meal for 2 nights was delicious and we ate out one night. Breakfast was amazing, everything you could ask for andmore!!! the staff there were so so friendly, my daughters were looking forward to seeing Natalie on Monday morning after she made a big fuss ofthem on Sunday, she had conversations with them and came down to there own height so the girls didnt feel imtimidated, then on the monday she remember the girls by name and again spent time with them where most staff in any other hotels wouldnt do that with them only being children, for myself this was very inpotant and i felt it needed a mention also have to mention Lynn in the breakfast room wasvery friendy when she greeted us on the saturday and sunday!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joolyjool
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights as part of a coach tour. One of the reasons I picked the tour was because of the facilities and menu that the hotel offered. Check in was prolonged, even though all guest details had been provided to the hotel by the tour operator and all that was required was to hand out keys.
The room was fine and had tea/coffee making facilities, trouser press etc.
Arriving for dinner on the first night we were shown to the back of the restaurant with all our fellow travellers and presented with a ‘special’ menu which, although ok did not compare with the ‘normal’ menu.
The food was good although service was slow and the staff appeared to be very busy and had little or no time to speak with guests.
On the second night we were again shown to the segregated area and presented with a menu that left a lot to be desired. The main courses were more of the standard I would expect in a 70’s services area, although the sweet was good. This night the service was even slower, but we were entertained by the chef ranting and raving very loudly at the staff throughout our meal, not what I would expect in a hotel of this standard.
One highlight of the eating experience was Natalie our waitress; even though very busy she managed to be charming, witty and efficient and found time to talk to people.
All in all a nice hotel in beautiful surroundings, just don’t go if somebody has upset the chef!

Room Tip: Don't sleep at the back, the noise of the crows will waken you at first light.
Dear Guest,

Firstly, may I apologise for the service you received during your stay. I will personally look into the issues you highlighted. I am happy to say that we have a new Head Chef joining us today and I will work with him to address the problems you encountered in the restaurant. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Nick Testa

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

From the time that we checked in to the time that we checked out we have nothing but praise for this Hotel. Every member of staff that we had dealings with were polite, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We couldn't begin to count up the amount of times that we heard staff members saying, "that's no problem at all". Overall excellent customer service throughout.
The Hotel itself was great. We took advantage of an offered upgrade to a Deluxe Spa room. This was located in a modern extension to the old house and was of a good size with a Spa bath and shower. All the food that we ate at the hotel was excellent with breakfast deserving a special mention. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Hotel to any traveller needing accommodation in this area. We hope to return one day.

Room Tip: Haven't stayed before so can't compare but 605 was great as a Deluxe Spa room.
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Good Hotel but I thought the evening meals poor value so visited the pub in nearby village which was excellent.. Room and breakfast first class, leisure facilities great. Shame they could not control the weather.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, very impressed with facilities, however evening meal i felt was overpriced many of the dishes had additional suppliments, value for money and quality were lacking in abundance. Breakfast was excellent plenty of choice. Staff were extremely helpful and courteous. All round nice place well worth a visit. Would come again but would eat out in local villiage next time.

• Stayed March 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here on a hen weekend.

The rooms were really good but upgrade if you can!

The food is quite good however I feel the 2nd night of the stay was let down by the fact there was a wedding on and felt our food suffered due to a large function.

The pool and sauna along with Jacuzzi are great and the spa treatments were amazing!

The gardens are really nice too and if you are luck enough to get a hot day sitting on the lawns with a drink is perfect!

The only issue we had is after checking into our room someone elses bags were already in there? They returned after midnight to get back in the room not realising the hotel had cancelled there key cards after finding out they had gave someone else the room...safety concern!

I would go again!

Room Tip: upgrade your room its worth the money
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Nicholas T, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Redworth Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Hotels Collection. I have noted your comments on the food, and will pass these on to the Head Chef. Please accept my apologies for the obvious mix up over rooms, please be assured I will be speaking with the reception team, to ensure they check before issuing keys.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Nick Testa, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redworth
Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
Lumley Castle Hotel
#5 of 18 in Durham
Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant
Best Western Whitworth Hall Hotel

Been to Redworth Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!