“February weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redworth
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“February weekend”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very busy weekend in the hotel but we enjoyed our stay and never felt rushed at any time. Room was lovely and staff helpful. Gym was busy with local members. Didn't use the spa.
Within easy reach of Durham which is always worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank susietsmith
Nicholas T, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Redworth Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Hotels Collection. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Nick Testa, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

By that I mean you have a Beautiful early Georgian House to stay in with Stylish Bedrooms or a Modern type accommodation with bedrooms to suit every one's taste. All the Hotel Staff were friendly and efficient, I had a perfect weekend break. I learnt that a couple had been staying at the Hotel for 14 consecutive years for peaceful weekends which to me sums up all that is good about the Hotel. I used the excellent Park and Ride which is close to the Hotel to get to Durham and its many attractions.Bus passes accepted.
Summary - Location excellent to visit Durham, Accommodation - Good size comfortable bedrooms and well fitted bathrooms. Restaurant - Food quantity and quality very good. Car Park - Good size & easy access. Leisure Facilities - Large Pool with seating area, also well equipped Gymnasium.

Room Tip: For something special book the Main House Rooms. or the Deluxe rooms in the new accommodation at a r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Maurice A
Dear Guest. Thank you for your valued comments. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stat at the Redworth Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Hotels Collection. I have only recently taken over as General Manager and it is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Nick Testa, General Manager
Wallsend, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

This review is about the restaurant NOT the hotel.

Last night my wife and I dined in the restaurant - we were made to wait 10 mins by the maitre d' before being taken to our table then sat for 20 mins before got a menu... Still no drinks. Then got given a wine menu. Ordered food and drink at same time, got starters 30 mins later, bread and wine when we finished the starter!

Starters were decent except my crab cakes were over cooked. For the mains my wife had the biggest belly pork I've ever seen complete with un-crackled fat and very over cooked meat. I had a Thai green curry with sea bream which was actually sea bream with noodles, British vegetables and a creamy sauce - nothing Thai about it.

With everything we ate the waitress offered black pepper like we were in an Italian and offered sauces. I felt like she had learnt the trade in a brewers fayre!

The waitress also regularly touched the mouth of the wine bottle with her hands.

Finally dessert; passion fruit cheesecake which tasted of nothing whatsoever served with Creme Anglais which was actually melted whipped cream from a can.

I'm just thankful the meal was 'part of the package' as there's no way I'd pay the £29 per head bill!

The hotel and spa I've no complaints with and breakfast was lovely!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Richard A
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please accept my apologies that you did not find the dining experience to your expectation. I can assure you that I will be discussing the contents of your review with the restaurant team in order to ensure that quality of the food and service is kept to our usual high standard. I was pleased that you were happy with your accommodation. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Nick Testa, General Manager
northumberland
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our son and daughter bought us a weekend deal at the hotel on a bed, breakfast and evening meal basis and we were very pleased they did. We upgrade to a room in the main building which has a super king bed and seating area and views to die for! The Reception staff were very good, especially Danielle who accommodated our requests for a special room.

Drinks and food a little bit on the pricey side but on a special occasion in a special place this is acceptable. Evening meal very well presented but the service was a little on the slow side.

Used the spa and pool facilities and this was an added bonus at no extra cost.

Would recommend this hotel for a special evening away - the hotel has a lot of history which is worth researching - I discovered that there are two ghosts who frequent the main building.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room in the main building which have more character. Rooms in the newer section of the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank greekislandchaser
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your very positive review, I was delighted to read that the team looked after you well, and glad you did not encounter our ghost! I will personally pass on your thanks to Danielle. Having only recently taken on the post of General Manager I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Nick Testa, General Manager
Barnsley, South Yorks
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This weekend I was privileged to stay at this hotel. from my entry into the hotel, you could feel the friendliness inside. On booking in you are greeted with a smile and a nice welcome, your booking is sorted with quick and organised precision. Our room was nice and roomy, very clean and full of all facilities you can expect from a four star hotel. After unpacking we made our way down to the spa area, again greeted with friendly staff who let you know where everything was with out having to ask. Everything worked from the steam room, sauna and Gucci, and although the pool was lively with children and parents it was easy to use all facilities. In the evening we had a very nice meal with a nice choice to say it was a coach party, and it was served with a nice smiling waitress and presentation was second to none. Although they was a wedding reception on also we never knew they was so many people in the hotel for in every part it was organised and people was able to enjoy and relax after their meal. Upstairs on level 2 was a very nice lounge where we settled into and had a very relaxing night with a few friends. In the morning you went in for breakfast and what a selection, they was everything, and when a friend asked for some porridge she was presented with a succulent large bowl of fresh made real porridge made from real oats. I would recommend this hotel for any honour it could get for it would be well deserved, from the place its self, the very afficant and friendly staff, and the food and service was second to none. Well done Redworth Hall cannot wait for my next visit.

Room Tip: every room is worth settling in too
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Phillip W
Dear Guest, I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Redworth Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Hotels Collection. Thank you very much for your kind comments, these mean a lot as I have only recently taken over as General Manager here. I was pleased that all the team looked after you well and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards, Nick Testa, General Manager
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband I were looking to get away in February to mark a special event, we couldn't decide whether to go abroad for a cheap week or stay in the UK. We stumbled across the 2 night relax and revitalise deal at this hotel and had a glorious time. As part of the deal, you are greeted with chocolates and champagne, I had warned my husband not to get his hopes up because no doubt the champagne will be a tiny bottle and we would invariably end up drinking it out of plastic bathroom cups! That assessment couldn't have been further from the truth, there was a full sized chilled bottle waiting for us with champagne glasses along with locally sourced handmade chocolates. Again, I suggested to my husband that the dinner would probably only be one course and we would have to pay extra for additional courses. Again, I was wrong, what awaited us was a three course dinner (with a number of menu choices), a lot of which was a creative sensation. Absolutely beautiful puddings too. As part of the deal, we got 2 treatments each, lunch on the second day and full use of the facilities. Excellent choice of buffet style breakfast, almost everything is on the menu! The staff were really helpful and went out of their way to make us comfortable. In the morning of day 2, we went for a walk in the grounds in the snow and stumbled on all sorts of treasures! Don't just think about the Relax and Revitalise deal at Redworth, just do it. It really is excellent value for money and you get a lot more than you bargained for. Thanks to Michelle in Reservations for sorting us out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CJP35
Dear Guest. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Redworth Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Hotels Collection. Thank you so much for your very kind comments, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback, especially as I have only recently taken on the role of General Manager here. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards, Nick Testa, General Manager
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you like being able to hop into the swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi every now and then, this place is for you. We were in one of the new rooms (501) with jacuzzi bath and 8 jet showers which was fun too and very close to the health club.
We had meals in the restaurant for 3 nights and the food and service there were excellent. The cocktail bar lacks atmosphere but is OK for a quick meal - prompt arrival of our food although slightly pricy when compared with a local pub type place.
We were there for 5 nights and really enjoyed the whole stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Janet M
Dear Guest, I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Redworth Hall Hotel, part of the Puma Hotels Collection. Having only recently taken over as General Manager, it is a pleaure to receive such a positive review. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards, Nick Testa, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redworth
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville
The Manor House Hotel
The Manor House Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Auckland

Been to Redworth Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!