“Enjoyable night”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Redworth
Cumbria
“Enjoyable night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had our Club Christmas dinner/party here.
Overall it was a very enjoyable evening and the meal was reasonable for this type of function.
The room we stayed in was nicely furnished and warm, the beds were very comfortable

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RedworthGM, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear aikegate
Great to hear you had an enjoyable night celebrating Chrsitmas with friends and collegaues. We hope to see you all again soon.
Jonathan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
Lanark, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

had a fantastic stay loved the medieval banquet and staff excellent. Hair dresser was very nice and my hair stayed in for two days. grounds were lovely perfect place for a wedding.
great location for holiday we stayed in old part of hotel and it was very quaint, clean and peaceful

Room Tip: main hotel was quaint and rustic stayed in room 14 vert big and comfortabl
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RedworthGM, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Marie19860
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the wider TA audience, the team here certainly appreciate it. We have a great hairdressers here and with its close proximity to Darlington and free parking it is a very popular salon.
As for the Medieval Banquet, its a great experience and certainly something very different from the norm for Christmas Entertainment.
We all hope its not long before you return
Merry Christmas.
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for my birthday with my wife and 2 children. Hotel very busy due to functions been on so car park full not a problem. Went and used the pool and found the changing room a complete mess , towels thrown every where and rubbish left about. Clearly following other reviews on here there should be a clear change of management that is running that area as this looks like it is the biggest problem with this hotel now.
Main hotel good, family room nice and cleaning standard needs addressing as found black hairs all over the bathroom and a towel which was badly stained and should not have been placed back in circulation.
Resturant food and drinks excellent and Reception staff happy to help.
Would not avoid this hotel as it is a great little gem but as any company should standards should be monitored and addressed and the areas that are been mentioned on this site in ever other post should be actioned. I am going back for Xmas eve as I do enjoy this hotel for a relaxing break and I hope the changing rooms are much improved. Well done to all the main staffed areas but key improvements needed in cleaning areas which is letting all your main staff down.

• Stayed December 2012
RedworthGM, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Marco7242
Thank you for your feedback and it is disappointing the cleanliness of the health club and bedroom did not meet your or indeed my expectations. I have discussed this with the club manager and the housekeeper, and hopefully on your return next week you will find it improved.
Bridlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Came back despite trouble with hot water last year,not dissappointed.Glorious,gorgeous and just enough "old world charm".It is a beautiful place in a stunning location!Food was great,both at breakfast and dinner in the restaurant.We loved that we were upgraded to a gorgeous room in the "old hotel",with mullioned windows but a great spa bathroom,we love old!Front of house,restaurant andhousekeeping were superb as usual,well done,thanks,xx

Room Tip: get an upgrade,the original part of the hotel is beautiful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachel G
Thank you for posting great feedback, especially knowing that an earlier stay did not quite meet with expectations.
I hope its not long before we see you again.
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had a lovely evening-staff very helpful-nothing seemed to phase them.A very busy night for them as it was a big party with guests of all ages.Hall itself was a bit cold but warmed up once everyone started to dance.I have had bad meals in this hotel before-but buffet was fine.
Lovely atmosphere certainly assisted by helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Arnold 2312
Thank you for sharing your experiences of and evening in the Great Hall, a fantastic venie, and whilst it takes a little while to warm the room up with the roaring fires, dancing will always help just a little bit more.
Monmouthshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Cannot fault hotel for its location and views. Beautiful 17th century Manor hotel, and it snowed whilst I was there, so you can imagine how beautiful it was.
However for a 4* country manor hotel I was expecting a lot more. The room itself was nice, but the little things you notice when your travelling a lot.
The shower curtain for instance was stained, in a hotel like this I would have expected a glass door, or even a brand new clean curtain, but stains is not what I expected.
The telephone (which I know is not something important, but looks can mean everything) was an old fashioned cream/old phone that just looked cheap and nasty against the room decor.
I arrived late on the Sunday and this hotel is a little bit to the nearest restaurants etc so was thinking I would order room service. I expected the room service to be over the odds but then they charge an additional £5 per tray service which I thought was a little excessive. (when your paying £12-£15 for example per meal) to pay an additional £5 I thought was rather much.
I picked this hotel due to beautiful location but also it had swimming pool and gym facilities. When I arrived I went to the pool for a swim, and couldnt spend much time in it all, it was really dirty, things floating in the water which I would have not wanted to know what they were. So got out and didnt use it for the rest of my trip. This is not specifically the hotels fault it is the fitness centre, but worth knowing if you pick this hotel for these facilities.
I stayed for business so did not have to pay myself for hotel, I think if I had of paid myself I would have been disappointed. Purely on comfort, location then this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lolah304
Dear Louise h
Thank you for your cosntructive feedback. As a well travelled business guest, I appreciate you taking the time to bring these points to our attention.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Have just attended a family do at the hotel and stayed overnight! Very disappointed in the hotel, really don't understand why it has 4*'s as we feel it doesn't deserve them, more 3*! Check in was terrible and extremely slow! Got to our room which was interconnecting and they were obviously smoking in the next room and was coming through the connecting door!! Was awful! The room is nice but bit dated, had the worst and cheapest toilet roll ever experienced! I know that sounds extremely pathetic but it is things like this that impress myself and my hubby!
The silver wedding was held in the great hall which is a lovely room however the bar you have to use for this room was freezing cold and with 1 barman on all night service extremely slow! The ladies toilets were the coldest place I have ever been, seriously I could have cried when went to the loo, in fact after that first visit we then went and used our room!! Was a buffet on and that ran out and wasn't replenished! So none left by time we got there!
By the time we got to our room we were going to order room service but there was a £5 charge for the privilege!! Forget that!
Breakfast this morning was ok, but not great! But the plates for breakfast were a joke!! Far to small!
Check out was a nightmare again, took ages, god knows why!
I know you may think these petty complaints but we have stayed in approx 16 hotels this year and sadly this one is our worst experience, and we would certainly not return in a hurry!! Also wasn't cheap either so felt its overpriced!

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Sammyan
Dear Sammyan
I am sorry we seemed to get it so wrong. Your constructive feedback will enable the team and I to focus very quickly on some simple areas of recovery.
Jonathan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redworth
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville
The Manor House Hotel
The Manor House Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Auckland

Been to Redworth Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!