“Outstanding”
Review of The County

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton Aycliffe
The County
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As a business traveller I stay at many Hotels across the country and without exception this one is one of the best.
The rooms are excellent and the WiFi is Free and superb.
The Restuarant food is very good and the breakfast is just perfect.
Everything you would wish for on a night away and highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John S
There are newer reviews for The County

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just back after staying 2 nights at the The County in Aycliffe Village (not Newton Aycliffe) and it was a delight. I know the village well and have used the restaurant before but this time was a stay as well.
The County has 7 bedrooms in a new build adjacent townhouse and the rooms are great with views over the manicured village green.
We were in room 5 and it is spacious, modern, and spotlessly clean. It is quiet at night so sleep is good and in the morning breakfast in the restaurant next door is great with a wide choice.
The restaurant is good in the evening with a good choice of fresh cooked food and Colette the manager will even arrange for dietary requirements if you ask the day before.
The food and the service are excellent and they managed to fit us in with a large party at short notice.
Great thing about this place is it is family run with the husband and daughter as chefs and the wife as manager. There is therefore a hands on team here who work to achieve great customer service.
We would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are front to back. Attic rooms only have a roof window though. Ground or first therefore...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ssenit
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited for a special meal. Went for full 3 courses with wine. My venison portion was v small to say the dish was almost £30. My partner had steak which was very over cooked. The waitresses were very good and took it and the side dishes away to re cook a new steak but this left me with my meal trying to make it last while my partner waited for a new meal. We wouldn't usually send something back but because of the price we thought it shoul have been right. Other than that the food was excellent. We were in late though and the bar is more of a pub at that time of night so it was quite noisy.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Viki41
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent bed and breakfast near Darlington. I have stayed overnight in many hotels and bnb's around this area and it is by far the cleanest and best priced yet! They were also very accommodating after finding out my original hotel had double booked and found me space late at night.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here as we celebrated a friend's birthday. The evening meal in the restaurant was delicious. The quality of the food and the service was exceptional. I had the king prawn to start with and this would be a dish I can highly recommend. For main course I went for the Duck which was on the specials board. Again it proved a winner.
We stayed overnight in well appointed, light, modern and bright rooms with en suite and enjoyed a good night's sleep. The facilities in all were of a very high standard. For a short break I can highly recommend this establishment as a gateway to the North East with it being close enough to Durham, Darlington, Sunderland and Newcastle.

Room Tip: If you choose a double at the front of the property you will get an excellent view over the village...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank walsytours
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Well what can I say this B&B was way more than we expected first we were shown to a separate house away from the pub, were it's been split down to different rooms :O)
Up few stairs we got shown our room by a member of staff and what a room very highly decorated both the bedroom and bathroom were top spec, clean and very well serviced. We never managed evening meal there but the food looked good from when we booked in.
The breakfast choice was very good from omelet to full English, cereal, orange juice,fruit we had two lot's toast coffee & tea all waitress to our table. We can not fault this B&B well worth a stay would stay again.

Room Tip: What good we say room 5 100% but sure the other rooms was as nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I can't add a lot to the recent, very positive, reviews. I stayed here on Saturday 20/4/13, having found and booked on the Internet at late notice. When I arrived at 8pm the restaurant was already busy, but the proprietress knew I was coming and took the time to make me feel welcome. The room was absolutely spotless, with everything you could expect in terms of amenities.

Dinner was delicious and, more impressively, all of the (young) restaurant staff were incredibly polite and attentive. The customer service ethos has been absolutely drilled into everyone here. Terrific choice of breakfasts the next day and only sorry it was such a fleeting visit.

An easy 5* recommendation and I will definitely visit again. Thanks and well done to all at The County.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
#1 of 1 in Coatham Mundeville
The Manor House Hotel
The Manor House Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Auckland

Been to The County? Share your experiences!