“Gorgeous food”

The Mill House Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Birtley
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Mill House Never Sleeps....We offer a varied menu with lunch specials,steak specials & a paella evening. Bar tapas also available. Call in, relax and enjoy a glass of wine from our extensive wine menu....... It's an excuse to call in and see exactly what we do, how we do it and when! Look forward to seeing you.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We went for my Mam's birthday and i was so impressed! Food was served to us very quickly and was incredibly tasty. I had the breaded Goats Cheese for starter and an 8OZ fillet steak with garlic sauce, cooked exactly to my liking. Wine was reasonably priced and the staff were friendly and talkative! Will certainty recommend it to others, very impressed!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Disappointing ”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Mill House for my parents wedding anniversary. First of all we were 5 mins late, which was no ones fault but our own, however I felt like we were scolded like naughty children by the lady who greeted us. The evening then went from bad to worse... I won't go into too many details but basically they had ran out of several items on the menu, they got our order wrong, the main wasn't cooked right. The manager did apologise and was pleasant enough... He said they were short staffed in the kitchen, but knowing that doesn't really resolve anything. Did he just expect we'd be ok with things not being quite up to scratch once we were informed of this? We were offered a free dessert, however chose not to have one. He said next time we come he would give us a comp bottle of wine... I'm not sure why he didn't just give us the one we'd had that evening for free? Would have made more sense to me. Anyway, the place was packed, the atmosphere was good.. Such a shame other things weren't so good. We won't be back, and will prob tell others not to bother.

1 Thank canttinkof1
Washington, United Kingdom
“Lunch Time Special Menu”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and go regularly to the Mill House for lunch. We have never had a bad meal and the staff are really attentive and make you feel welcome. The special menu is excellent value and has a good variety of food.

The decor could be improved by removing some of the clutter but the place has an great atmosphere and is always busy.

Have recommended to friends and family.

• Visited November 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good Meal, Good Value”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been to the Mill House a number of times, on this occasion we were going to the Theatre at Sunderland and decided to grab a meal before the performance. We were shown to a table as soon as we entered, the staff were very attentive and helpful, we order from the set menu, 2 courses and a drink for £9.95, very reasonable considering the range of dishes to order. The soup arrived within minutes, it was hot and plentiful. The main course arrived within minutes of the soup dishes having been cleared, which was excellent as we were pushed for time due to the traffic, the main course was really well presented and enjoyable. I cannot fault the service or the meal, we were both full after the meal, I would recommend the Mill House to anyone.

• Visited October 2013
Washington, United Kingdom
“MILL HOUSE BIRTLEY”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Filthy dirty scruff place never been cleaned since it was done up about 10 years ago, drinks are over priced supermarket brands, food is not fresh I woulod not allow my dog to eat there

• Visited October 2013