Staffield Hall is has been rescued and given a new lease of life. Abandoned and unloved, the current owners have restored the building and converted it into a small number of wonderful holiday apartments. It's location is sublime - views over open fields and rolling hills, the terraced hall gardens with the fells forming a dramatic back drop. All apartments are finished and equipped to a very high standard. The owners have married traditional with contemporary to provide an exceptionally high standard of mod cons and design whilst maintaining the ‘historic’ feel of a Victorian Hall. My partner and I are keen (if amateur) cooks, so a well equipped kitchen is a must - Staffield Hall met the challenge admirably. A plasma screen TV with DVD provided the entertainment for evenings snuggled on the leather sofas. A real treat was the whirlpool bath - just the thing after challenging explorations of the fells and local countryside. The power-shower provided a great morning wake-up after enjoying the fares of the local hostelry too! It's probably important to note that there are 2 pubs within walking distance - both reached by a stroll through a couple of fields. The hall kindly provides a torch, so navigating the fields past dark is possible. The owners of the hall are wonderful - warm, friendly and genuinely dedicated to providing everything you need for the perfect Cumbrian holiday. I have to admit that I had to consider whether or not to include this review on Trip Advisor. The selfish part of me thought it best to keep this gem as secret as possible but altruism won through – the owners deserve the very best of success. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staffield Hall is located in the Eden Valley in Cumbria just outside the boundary of the Lake District National Park. We have easy access to the M6 motorway and to the north Lakes of the LAke district.Staffield hall was completely refurbished in 2006 to provide eight 5 beautiful apartments which are graded 5 stars by Visit Britain.The apartments are designed to mix the traditional features of a yester year with contempory and modern comfort and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Staffield Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staffield Hall Kirkoswald, Cumbria
- Staffield Hall Hotel Kirkoswald