“One night in heaven....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burton in Kendal
Square House Bed and Breakfast
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“One night in heaven....”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

What a shame only one night! Historic house, modern sumptuous bedroom, immaculate bathroom, huge thick white fluffy towels and a breakfast to die for! Gluten-free vegetarian diet accommodated with ease -excellent toast with breakfast and gluten-free biscuits waiting for me in their little hand-tied bag on the tea/coffee tray in our bedroom.
Anything to improve? I regret not and as an interior designer and fanatic about character buildings I hardly ever come away from anywhere without at least one moan! So book in with confidence and enjoy one of the best B&B's we have ever been lucky enough to stay at

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosalie W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here for one night in August with my partner, we just came across it, as another hotel was fully booked. We were so glad we did, we were greated by Alyson, who was most welcoming and made us feel at home as soon as we arrived. The rooms were stunning, and so clean, it almost felt you were at home.

In the morning Bob was also so kind and made our breakfast, the food was lovely and there was so much choice.

i dont normally write reviews, but i felt this B&B really deserved one.

Thanks again for our lovely stay - we hope to see you again.

Aimee xx

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aimee C
Lutterworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2012

What can i say about Alyson and Bob's beautiful quaint townhouse, its gorgeous i wish i had been staying longer but i will definitely go back. I was met at the door by Alyson, what a lovely greeting you dont get that much these days, immediately i knew it was going to be a good stay. The Square House was recommended by the Kings Arms over the road where i had stayed before and i had dinner there and its a nice friendly pub, but back to the Square House i was shown to my room a gorgeous twin bedded room very comfortable, soft furnishings, very comfortable bed, tea tray and homemade biscuits oooh it was so nice to be there. its not ensuite but this is not a problem actually its a nice problem, i was given the choice of either bath or shower, as there are only two rooms, a twin and a family and the other was empty i chose the shower was was excellent. lovely towels, Everything thought of. you are given a robe and slippers to walk across the hall way to your bathroom, a very nice touch. Breakfast in the morning was mmmmm wish i had been more hungry!! Fresh orange juice, fresh berries and muesli, full English breakfast, I really didn't want to leave it was probably the best B&B id ever stayed at. Alyson and Bob were perfect hosts and who should be very proud of what you have achieved in your home. Thank you so much

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris H
York
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Being a B&B owner myself i'm always worried about going away to stay in a B&B as it may feel like a busman's holiday, BUT this certainly wasn't the case staying with Alyson & Bob at Square House B&B.

This place is perfectly situated in the Village opposite the Kings Arm pub (I was on an Aspire Photography Training Course) the parking is directly outside the house (so easy to find!).

Alyson met me at the door with the nicest, warmest lovely greeting ever - I felt so relaxed straight away, she showed me to my beautiful room and my HUGE bathroom and explained everything for me, then left me to settle in. I was also able to choose my breakfast time to suit my needs and had the most yummy poached eggs on toast (my choice - i could of had the whole english breakfast, but Im on weight watchers, so regretfully had to decline, although it looked amazing! ) I was so excited to see the AGA toasted toast, yummy!!!!

My room (and the whole house) is SPOTLESS!!!!! I felt I was the first person ever to sleep in the bed and stay in that room, which just shows what incredible hosts they are!

At first I was a little put out by the room not being en-suite, but after Alyson told me that the HUGE bathroom with beautiful freestanding roll-top bath was MY bathroom - not shared and they provided the fluffiest bathrobes for me to use to take the 5 steps from my room to my bathroom - i actually LOVED the home from home feeling it created!!!

I can honestly say hand on heart that if you are staying in Burton-in-Kendal and don't stay here - I feel sorry for you - its a true gem of a place and one not to be missed!!!!

Thank you so much Alyson & Bob for making me relax, feel at home and enjoy my experience from start to finish!

Zoe Wright

St Raphael Guest House, York (www.straphaelguesthouse.co.uk)
Dominic Wright Photography (www.dominicwright.co.uk)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
#2 of 42 in Kendal
The Kings Arms
The Kings Arms
#1 of 3 in Burton in Kendal

Been to Square House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!