“Sun too bright”

Ranked #20 of 56 Restaurants in Biggleswade
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Having dined in there in late February, I noticed that nothing has been done about the sun shining through the window blinding the diners. I brought this to the attention of the previous manager and believed something would have been done by now.

It would have been wrong and intrusive to take photos of the other diners but there were instances of someone pulling their cap down right over their face, people moving their seats, the placing of menus on window sills – like I do, 2 people hiding behind beer bottles, people turning sideways and one gentleman sat on the corner of his table all to avoid the glare of the sun.

This restaurant is a great place to eat but the table behind us commented that they wouldn’t be back and friends of ours have said they’d never return due to this sun in their eyes situation.

I feel sorry for the staff working behind the counter on the far side of the room as the sun shines directly on them, not pleasant working conditions, especially if you’re prone to headaches!

I did write to head office and to the venue itself but I received no response to either letter so I decided to re-write this review warning people what to expect.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Roasted veg were burnt, pizza base too crispy and district lack of toppings considering the price at £12.25. Shocker was the cost of a. Large wine, £7.75!!!!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went for a family dinner, some of whom had come from Ireland. We had a booked a table to which we were escorted by a very friendly member of staff. After settling we were approached by our waitress, Whitney, who was extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. The food was ample, hot and deliceous. Prices were reasonable

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

You know what they have improved. Our waitress was lovely, the food was the standard you expect and although the coffee was appalling they took that off our bill. I am glad this site has improved as a chain I like them.

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We wandered for a little to find a place to eat and didn't find anything that stood out so just defaulted to Pizza Express!

Not been to this one before but it was just as good as any other. There was a good offer on a three course meal. The restaurant itself is quite nice inside, clean and good waiting staff.

No complaints :)