“sunday roast”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2014

i have used this pub lots of times for drinks but this was our first meal.my wife and we both had sunday roast dinner, my wife beef and i had turkey.both diners were very good meat,roast potatoes,new potatoes,yorkshire,stuffing and veg on this day,leeks,cauliflower,cabbage,carrots.
the portions are excellent as is the quality.
we both had deserts my wife lime torte and i had apple blackberry pie both were again excellent.
all the food is homecooked, the service is very good and peroni on tap is a bonus!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

As soon as we arrived we were greated by 4 smokers outside. Nice !!
All the lights were on in the whole pub, very bright which made it feel like a community centre not the pub that we were expecting. We were planning to eat and meet friends, we stayed for a drink and left! Shame as we are looking for somewhere decent to have regular drinks.

1  Thank rachel1210
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

This pub has just about managed to make the transition to a restaurant without losing its identity as a pub. The food is good and reasonably priced. The real ale is fine. My only gripe is that the same person usually has to serve food and beer which often leaves the bar untended. However as a smallish place I do understand that it couldn't afford the luxury of extra staff at quiet times.

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been frequently visiting this astablishment and the Peroni on tap is a must. Also sort of pub/restaurant you can take your order relatives to, without the worry of badly behaved louts

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I went with a group of friends. It was a lovely evening. Food very nice and was home cooked. The burger was lovely. Staff were very friendly. I recommend this to anyone wanting good food and real ale in a pub venue. Definitely will go back again.