“A great place to go for Sunday lunch or a night out.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Biggleswade
Stratton House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Biggleswade
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This is a great place to go if you want Sunday lunch. The service is excellent and the food well cooked and plentiful. They do a very good evening menu as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
373  Thank Sandygranny

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed here on business for two nights. The pub and restaurant are nice, friendly staff, good food (although a bit on the pricey side) and good choice of drinks. The hotel part left a lot to be desired however. Small room (I stayed in room 27), very basic, out of date furniture and decor. Generally very clean exept a few stains here and there in the bathroom. Awful shower, I've had better ones at campsites and festivals. Probably the worst shower I've been in, about 5 strands of water most of which went over the shower curtain. Can hear everything here, downstairs noise of the bar and guests in adjacent rooms. Doors also rattled with even a slight breeze through the window which was a bit annoying. The door didn't close unless locked, which meant locking myself in the room to avoid it opening itself, which doesn't sound that bad except the room is fitted with old style locks which make it fiddly and annoying. Bed was comfy but the headboard was awful which you can't sit up in bed comfortably. Think the UHT milk was off, as it made the tea taste very weird indeed.
I wouldn't mind all of this so much except I think a bit overpriced for what you get. The pictures on the website make it look a lot nicer than it actually is. Overall I wouldn't recommend it unless you really have to.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Priscilla C
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed at Stratton house for one night prior to my grandaughters christening. Although the room was basic it was very clean and tidy. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly at all times. Food in the restaurant was excellent both in the evening and at breakfast the following morning. Overall we were more than happy with our stay. It is more of a pub than a hotel but that was all we needed. They also serve some excellent ales which are kept very well indeed.

• Stayed: July 2011
27  Thank enigma1259
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I recently stayed at the Stratton House Pub (Hotel it certainly is not) and booked one of their "Executive King Suites"! Yes it had a King Size bed but it certainly was not a suite! Every time you open a window the whole top part would fall down so you did not have the opportunity to have the window slightly open. The place was clean I have to say but you could hear everything. I had to double check with the staff as I was sure this was not an "Executive King Room" but alas it was. We paid £82.50 for this room which did include a very nice breakfast. The staff on Sunday morning were nice and helpful too but I would have expected more luxury for the price I paid. I think a Travelodge would have provided more luxury accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank iCandy127
StrattonHouse, Manager at Stratton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

I was sorry to receive your e-mail earlier today regarding our Executive King Size (room 25). We are small family run business that prides ourselves on customer service and satisfaction, so any complaint is taken very seriously.
In reply to your e-mail I would like to point out a few facts:
We do not advertise room 25 as an Executive King Suite it is described as an Executive King Size (i.e. size of the bed), the hotel does not have any suites within the premises as we feel none of the rooms are big enough to be classed as a suite.
As you booked your room on the internet, the opportunity to view the room on-line before you booked was available – the picture of the room is a good representation. The room is cleaned to a very high standard, it is bright and inviting, the furniture is modern and well made and the bathroom is also clean and well equipped. I believe for a 2 star hotel our rooms far exceed most people’s expectation.
With regards to the other guests that stayed in the hotel, upon check out or at any point during their stay did they complain about the standard of their room, I will say that we had a big party that had pre-booked some months ago and they had been allocated most of the refurbished rooms (room 25 is one of the refurbished rooms). We do still have some rooms to refurbish, however even though the rooms are slightly dated the general standard of the rooms are still good i.e. cleanliness and facilities in the room mirror the refurbished rooms.

We are sorry that you did not find the hotel to your taste, but as you can see from our reviews most people are gerenally happy with the service we provide.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

having read reviews after booking ! I was a little concerned about the mention of a bouncer . However this was not the case for our stay.Although busy, there was no noise disturbance. The rooms were spotlessly clean and well equipped. We did think the beds in room 4 and 23 were poor quality, would benefit from a new mattress. On the plus side the food was excellent, all our meals were well presented, hot and delicious. I can thoroughly recommend the steak and kidney pudding, and our friends enjoyed the curry. Breakfast lived up to it's promise; a really good full english with a perfecyly cooked poached egg.( as were the scrambled and fried eggs) The service in all areas was, without doubt excellent.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
21  Thank briaryway
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Was staying on business because I had to but wouldn't stay here again unless I had to.

I thought the food was good at the hotel, enjoyed my dinner and breakfast. This was however the only good thing about it.

Stayed in a single room at the hotel and had to put ear plugs in to sleep as the walls were so thin that I could hear the TV from the room next door. If all the showers were the same as the room I had, bring wet wipes with you as no exaggeration, I've seen more water coming out of a dripping tap.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank kaimazing
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Liked: the customer service, the food, the choice of beers.
Disliked: room at the front that was noisy from road and the smokers standing outside. Slept well after using earplugs.

Recommend this hotel but ask for a room at the back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
10  Thank YTSnout
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biggleswade
The Crown Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor
Champneys Henlow
Champneys Henlow
#1 of 1 in Henlow

Been to Stratton House Hotel? Share your experiences!