“Hearty food”
Review of Southill Tea Room

Southill Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The tea room used to be the Southill Post Office until it was closed down a few years ago. It is a jewel. We pride ourselves on home baked cakes and scones and hope that you enjoy them just as much as we do.
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

During the winter I have swapped my addiction for scones to soup which is beautiful - esp chunky veg that is more like a stew!

The only let down is the (Asda??) dry bread roll.

Sue R, Owner at Southill Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for your positive reviews, it's always nice to get feedback from our customers. I'm so sorry about the bread roll - we really don't buy them from Asda! My guess is that it had dried out in the heat of the kitchen, (I must remember not to store the day's bread above the toasters!), and we'd have been very happy to have replaced it for you. We'll look forward to seeing you again some time soon.

There are newer reviews for Southill Tea Room

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We visited the tea rooms on a Saturday afternoon. It a very quaint tea rooms. The staff are friendly and attentive. The food is delicious and the prices are really reasonable. We will definitely visit again soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We went with friends as a thank you for their help with our house move to Biggleswade, it was for all of us our first vist, but can say this will not be our last.
The staff was polite, friendly, and pleasant, judging by the busy tea room very popular, we experienced many things between us off the menu, soups, baps, cakes, scones and several pots of tea, I would like to say well done, and see you again soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Took a nice afternoon jaunt out to the tea rooms with my girlfriend (who'd broken her leg!) and she absolutely loved it. The staff were incredible hospitable, the cake was delicious and the tea flowed lovely.

Thanks :)

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Lovely, quaint and cute tea rooms and staff that make you feel very welcome. I will certainly be going there again.