“Unexpected Treat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
sandy
“Unexpected Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We decided to celebrate my birthday, so my partner and I decided to find a restaurant on Tripadvisor that came highly recommended.

This was IL Carafino, we went on a Tuesday evening and the whole experience was amazing, the meal was the best italian food I have ever had, my partner who is greek and been here for 10 years could not believe the quality of the food.

I had mussels to start, and will again, and my partner had king prawns, he does not eat mussels after a bad experience, but, after he had eaten his prawns, which he honestly said were the best he has ever had, coming from Greece thats an unbelieveable comment, he tried a couple of my mussels, and started to eat them as well, he could not believe the taste, all he kept saying was delicious delicious.

Our main course was, I had asagne and my partner the biggest tuna steak I have ever seen, and both were delicious, and came with fresh veggies, an experience that was just delightful.

So please dont bother with the national chains, just see if you can get a booking at IL Carafino, you will not be disappointed with the restaurant, food, surroundings, 100% perfect.

This is real italian food, not the multi national trash, cost was very good considering the amount you are served, for the two of us including drinks, £60. a very romantic setting for the two of us.

There is a large car park nearby which allows you one and a half hours free parking uptil 9:00 then its free, just go and enjoy an experience.

• Visited September 2012

UK
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I were visiting this part of the country and looked for an Italian Restaurant to eat on one of the nights we were there. Il Carafino was one of the choices and how fortunate we felt having chosen and then visited il Carafino. This restaurant is in a back street in Biggleswade and parking is not easy but we found a place nearby. Our reception was good and we were quickly shown to a nice table. The ambience in the restaurant was really nice and we soon felt part of the scene. The staff were able to make recommendations and I opted for the prawns in superb Vodka sauce as a starter followed by a Ravioli dish served with a bolognese type sauce. Both were delicious. The chef came out and chatted with us half way through which I always think is a nice touch and much appreciated. The service was excellent throughout the meal without feeling rushed. A nice space was left between courses. I couldn't tackle a desert as the portions are quite generous. We recommend il carafino to everyone. Its well worth the visit. it was so good we are even thinking of making the trip from home which would be a 60 mile round trip - just waiting for the right occasion.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
UK
“Best restaurant for miles around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We go to Il Carafino whenever we can. Quite simply the food is superb as is the service and welcome. It is the only restaurant I have been to where the chef regularly comes out to check that the customers are happy!

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Quality food for a Good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

It's a cosy place to eat there, the chefs and waiters are very friendly, the food well what can I say it’s gorgeous. The presentation is lovely and the food is satisfying. Every time I go there I always want a dessert but I don’t have one because I am always full up. Everyone should eat at this places, IF you haven’t gone you have not lived.

• Visited July 2012
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“The only real Italian in Biggleswade”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

What can I say about this hidden delight?
A little gem of a restaurant.
Excellent service, superb food, fine dining at its best.

• Visited March 2012