“enjoyable meal”

Ranked #9 of 56 Restaurants in Biggleswade
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It's a Hungry Horse pub/Restaurant
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Yorkshire grey serves an excellent meal. Service was very quick, bar staff and waitresses and waiters were very friendly and professional. Our meals arrived very quickly and was cooked perfectly . Good choice on the menu pudding are excellent. We will be going back again very soon.

1  Thank Lesley S

Reviewed July 21, 2014

'All you can eat for £8.99, £3.49 for kids' tempted us to book Sunday lunch for a reunion with friends from an hour's drive away. We arrived at 1:15 but all the beef had already gone, so our four beef orders had to be downgraded to the mundane (and much cheaper to provide) chicken. One chose the pork, but the child's portion arriving suggested the kitchen staff were under instruction to eek out the dwindling supplies thereof before again substituting kitchen. The vegetables were fine and I particularly liked the reconstituted deep fried roast potatoes - reminded me of hash browns. Ensuring that all our party's plates were properly empty I took the remainder of my chicken to accompany it with the advertised 'as much vegetables as you can eat'. Rather than the usual self serve bar, a manager offered to take my plate out to the kitchens for a refill - except that all the roast potatoes had run out. Being made to feel like an embarrassed Oliver Twist, I returned empty handed to my seat and we resolved to go elsewhere for our coffees - just in case the water had run out! All these stock shortages were blamed on 'more customers than expected'. Come on guys, you knew the weather forecast. take some risks with your supply chain and order enough.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

The Yorkshire grey has just reopened after a refurbishment. They have done a nice job on it. It still smells a bit of paint but that will pass. I love the high tables and they now have three real ales instead of just one. Shame it hasn't been more adventurous as it has the three greene king standard ales. .

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Staff are friendly and polite and everything is great value. But when busy it descends into chaos. Herds of unruly children pack the gardens and the combination of families and football punters vying for the TV on a Saturday brings a level of drama worthy of screening by the makers of benefit street.
Food too varies from the overcooked, dark brown greasy chips served before the oil is changed by the basic wage grill chef, to the perfectly prepared entrées that sometimes appear from the kitchen.
On a quiet day your feel you have entered a working mens club with the same vacuous atmosphere and surroundings. On a busy day you need to bring your own chair.
Food is ok and the usual pub fare but presentation is variable at best. Sometimes you actually need a decent chef! For hard up families this is excellent value for money and the zoo park of a play area is a great place to let your monkeys behave like they do at home. If you are looking for romantic dinner for two on a Sunday lunchtime don't even think about it.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I went to this pub for Mother's Day lunch yesterday. I can honestly say I have never experienced such a lack of effort by any establishment on what is supposed to be a special day in the calendar of most people. All that was given as an acknowledgement of Mother's Day was a mini bottle of Baileys to the ladies. There were no flowers on the tables or any other sign that it was Mother's Day.

When I booked the table I asked what the menu would be and was told that it was the normal menu but that there would be a special deal for the Mothers - this special deal did not materialise.

The food was completely lack lustre and my roast beef was the worst pub meal I have experienced in a very long time. What should be done well in a pub on a Sunday lunchtime fell way below par. The Yorkshire pudding was the cheap, frozen, shove in the oven for 2 minute type. The roast potatoes tasted as though they had been recooked and were soggy outside and inside. The roast beef was cut far too thick and was very tough and overcooked. The helping of accompanying veg was rather stingy, but probably the best thing on the plate, and the gravy was tasteless. All components of the meal were luke warm. My husband had the pulled pork burger which he enjoyed and I suspect my food was dished up and left to get cold while his burger was cooked.

Please management tell your staff to stop addressing everyone as "guys" every other word - it gets really irritating.

We certainly won't be revisiting this pub anytime soon.