“Ideal for Breakfast”

Description: We are now closed
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Ideal for Breakfast”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Visited for breakfast on a Saturday morning. Service was friendly and attentive and the order was delivered quickly and was very good. Not the cheapest in town but wins over most for atmosphere and ambience.

• Visited November 2013

Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“thursday lunch”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

i went on a thursday dinnertime with my wife and mother.
the lounge is a very nice relaxed place with very good service. we only had main meals.
my wife and mother had home made quiche both said it was fabulous! i had meatball linguine which was a bit overpriced but quite nice.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Lovely venue”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Lovely venue for a party with family with super atmosphere. Not such a wonderful place for quality food. Would only return for the ideal space allocated to a large party.

• Visited October 2013
the_Lounge_Biggles, General Manager at the Lounge, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
thank you for your honest and gracious review following your recent visit. I appreciate all your feedback and am glad the night at our venue went so well for you.
I would suggest that the finger buffet/party menu selected at large parties here will differ from that available from our Breakfast, Lunch and Evening Bistro menus, and I hope we may have the opportunity to serve you dishes from that in the future.
All feedback is utilised by me and my team, and we are very grateful of your comments.
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“Awful Experience”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We made a telephone booking but on arrival were apparently not on the list! Arrogant waiter/manager? asked us to wait and said he would find us a table but did say he was busy as a number of people had arrived who had not booked. Eventually directed us to the coffee shop section and presented with menus which looked like screwed up pieces of wet paper .. we looked at each other and left.........absolutely awful experience.

• Visited October 2013
the_Lounge_Biggles, General Manager at the Lounge, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I regret the booking you made earlier had not initially been recognised by Sam the Asst. Manager who met you. The venue was busy and an oversight occurred. However, we did seat you in the dining area where other guests were also due to be sat for dinner. We do not have a coffee section in the area where you were seated.

I cannot accept the greeting by Sam was arrogant, this would not be typical of how he, or any of the team at the Lounge would greet any guest to our venue.

It is certainly unfortunate the menus served to you were not in good condition. We have moved to a new menu today for lunch and dinner, and it is regrettable that some of the menus due to be discarded were provided to you.
I did speak with Sam a few minutes after you left on Wednesday, and feel the points you make, however regrettable, do not warrant an awful experience.
Biggleswade, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant just brilliant”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I never post on Trip adviser, but on this occassion, I feel I have too. We had a party at the Lounge on Saturday night for my mum's 60th. I can honestly say this was nothing short of fantastic from start to finish. The staff, the food, the venue, the atmosphere was all brilliant. We had the best time. It was great value for money. The food was served fresh and hot and they did a lovely display for us on the tables. They made sure the area was all decorated for us and we had a lovely cake on a stand which was presented beautifully. The staff were so friendly and happy and I think they enjoyed the night as much as we all did.

I had to send an email to the team at the Lounge because I feel they needed to know just how great they really were. I have put this on here as well so you can see. I would recommend this place to anyone and I will tell anyone that wants to listen to just how great it really was. Im still smiling about it when I think just how happy my mum was and this was down to the team at the Lounge.

==========================================================================

I just wanted to say ‘THANK YOU’ so much for everything you and your team did on Saturday night.
From start to finish the service offered was nothing short of fantastic – You have taken Customer Service to a whole new level.
My mum had the best time, she was so happy. The table display was excellent, and the cake looked brilliant on the stand you provided.
The food was excellent, such a good selection, everyone enjoyed it and we even took the rest home for a snack on the Sunday.
The staff were superb, they were fun, they smiled, they were attentative, they made sure we were ok and continued to check to see if we needed anything else.
Jodie was exceptional, she was so warming and so fun, she made sure we had everything all night, she was happy, smiling, she was always there when we needed her, she said Happy Birthday to my mum which was an excellent touch. The timing of her brining out the food was excellent and she made sure the bubbles came out before the food for us so we could toast the Birthday Girl.
Jodie was nothing short of what you would expect in a top end restaurant, keep hold of that one John, she will continue to do you and your team proud.
I am so happy I booked my party with you, I am still smiling and I am so thank full for everything you and your team did John.
THANK YOU FROM THE TOP MIDDLE AND BOTTOM OF MY HEART