“Our default place to eat”
Review of the Lounge - CLOSED

the Lounge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are now closed
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is where we go for a delicious lazy Sunday brunch. It's where we take friends for coffee and tea, and warn them to allow time to read the tea menu. The mother-in-law asks to be taken here for lunch, as a treat. If we want a romantic evening for two, it's round here for tapas. There's free WIFI, there's magazines to read, it's a great place to relax after shopping. Good beer on tap, friendly helpful staff - we've been here many, many times and never yet had a bad experience. Sadly the Lounge gift vouchers we got for Christmas (yes, our friends and family know our tastes) have all gone now.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have only just recently started going to the Lounge and have to say it is fantastic and now go there all the time. It has a great atmosphere and the service is excellent. It is great for a girls night out or with your partner and children. There is so much choice when it comes to the drinks and if there isn't a cocktail on the menu the manager is more than happy to make one up for you. The food is excellent too. Never had a bad meal or experience in here. In fact I am having my birthday meal in the Lounge this week and my pre hen gathering. The Manager even offered to provide decorations for the hen party so we didn't have to. I would recommend it 100% to anyone. Excellent service, staff and Manager.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We go quite often for lunch and dinner, the food is great and the staff are friendly and helpful. It has a nice atmosphere too.

the_Lounge_Biggles, General Manager at the Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit with us at the Lounge. I am delighted to learn of your experience, and of your custom with us.
I would like to offer you and your guest a couple of glasses of bubbles when you return, as a token of our appreciation.
Please let me know when that might be, it will be our pleasure to take care of you again.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went with my husband for birthday lunch. We were greeted and seated very efficiently and enjoyed a drink and nicely presented food. The Lounge has a nice atmosphere and serves coffee and snacks, brunch, lunch and dinner. I think we'll have to visit more often to try out more of the menu options.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Following the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor I chose the Old Maltings to have dinner with my friends. It was the first time for us all and we all left very happy.
The venue was excellent, smart and fashionable but it still had its historical charms, like the timber beams.
The food was excellent, the burger was particularly delicious (and big).
My only comment would be the service, which was a little slow, but overall a great evening and 3 courses, with drinks, for £25 each was very reasonable.
Well worth a visit!