Definitely not a 4-star property. Consistent with my prior experience, Radisson hotels can vary from superb to poor, and this one falls into the latter category. The hotel consists of two separate buildings -- my room was in the building adjacent to the main one -- and it looked like a cheap roadside motel, both from the outside and inside. Poor facilities, no toiletries in the bathroom (apparently you have to specifically ask for them - I didn't bother), the hotel bar/cafe doesn't have a coffee machine so you can't get decent coffee, breakfast was underwhelming, no Club Carlson gold recognition... And the list goes on.... Moved to a different place after my first night.
To be clear, I'm not expecting luxury at 78 degrees North, but placing this hotel in the Radisson category is somewhat misleading -- it doesn't even live up to the Park Inn standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the world's northernmost full service hotel in the heart of Longyearbyen. From your table at Restaurant Nansen you can enjoy the panoramic view towards the majestic mountain Hiorthfjellet accompanied by an excellent Arctic menu and a good selection of wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Hotel Longyearbyen
- Radisson Longyearbyen
- Longyearbyen Radisson
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Svalbard