I booked this hotel using points as it seemed like a very unique place to stay (world's northernmost full service hotel). The staff here were fantastic helping to book things during the polar nights when I was there. Booked a cave trip, but cave entrance was completely covered in snow so received a full refund.
Breakfast spread was the usual massive cold/hot buffet and I found the food at the hotel bar to be delicious and reasonably priced by Norwegian standards.
Actual hotel property is a bit aged and the rooms weren't too fancy but the Internet was fast. The sauna also came in handy a few times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the world's northernmost full service hotel in the heart of Longyearbyen. From your table at Restaurant Nansen you can enjoy the panoramic view towards the majestic mountain Hiorthfjellet accompanied by an excellent Arctic menu and a good selection of wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Hotel Longyearbyen
- Radisson Longyearbyen
- Longyearbyen Radisson
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Svalbard