Before going to Svalbard, I had heard that the SAS Radisson was the northernmost full service hotel. However, I must I admit that I was slightly sceptical. After all, Longyear/Svalbard is indeed in the middle of nowhere...
The hotel turned out to be very nice and lived up to "normal" hotel standard, i.e. it can be judged according to normal standards just as any other hotel.
The reception was super helpful and very friendly and the restaurant has a stunning view. The Barents Pub also have excellent burgers, pizzas and beer at very very reasonable prices. During summer the atmosphere in the pub is great with a mix of tourist and locals. All in all the SAS Radisson in Longyearbyen can only be recommended. To be honest I can't really think of anything bad to write about the hotel....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the world's northernmost full service hotel in the heart of Longyearbyen. From your table at Restaurant Nansen you can enjoy the panoramic view towards the majestic mountain Hiorthfjellet accompanied by an excellent Arctic menu and a good selection of wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Hotel Longyearbyen
- Radisson Longyearbyen
- Longyearbyen Radisson
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Svalbard