I stayed in one of the apartments on the separate building and felt that overall the hotel was quiet, relaxing, and warm.
It's situated in the center of town and within walking distance is the post office, numerous shops, and a few restaurants, including a grocery store!
The apartment has a kitchen and a refrigerator. Unfortunately, we bought Billy's frozen pizza from the grocery store to eat for dinner only to find out our room did not have an oven. Luckily, the front desk suggested we can ask their restaurant to heat the pizza for us and indeed they did (for free!) Overall I had a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the world's northernmost full service hotel in the heart of Longyearbyen. From your table at Restaurant Nansen you can enjoy the panoramic view towards the majestic mountain Hiorthfjellet accompanied by an excellent Arctic menu and a good selection of wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Hotel Longyearbyen
- Radisson Longyearbyen
- Longyearbyen Radisson
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen, Longyearbyen Svalbard