I stayed at this guesthouse in June 2009 for 3 nights. Nice room, good premises. But I am not recommending this place, on the contrary. Avoid if you can!
I did reserve my room on e-mail about 6 months prior to arrival and gave them my credit card number for guarantee. Price was 595 NOK / night, a total of 1 785 NOK for 3 nights. When I checked out, I paid my room with a credit card (1 785 NOK).
After returning, I checked my credit card account and found out that they had debited my card for 2 985 NOK the day I checked in. The amount was wrong and nobody told me that my card had already been debited when I checked out. So, I found out that I had paid a total of about 530 euro (2 985 + 1 875 NOK) instead of about 200 euro (1 785 NOK) I was supposed to pay.
I contacted them to ask them to correct this. They promised to do that but no apology, on the contrary. I was treated badly. And this money hasn´t been returned yet (it is friday now and the promised to do it on tuesday).
So, I really can´t recommend this guesthouse. I think I have to contact my credit card company and ask them to return this money for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coal Miners' Cabins offers reasonably priced accommodation, located in the upper part of the Longyear valley and within reach of mountains and glaciers. The place is an excellent starting point for hiking, skiing and snowmobile trips. Coal Miners' Cabins is the place to stay for those who want to get the real experience of the mining period on Svalbard. Coal Miners' Cabins is located in Nybyen, Longyearbyen's small "suburb" is within walking distance from downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Coal Miners’ Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spitsbergen Guesthouse Hotel Longyearbyen
- Coal Miners’ Cabins Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, Svalbard