This is a nice hotel, does the job perfectly, yes you are a little out of town but lets face it town isn't big and it's easy enough to walk to. I shared a twin room with an "unknown" traveller I was joining an artic cruise with and it was fine, had a private bathroom, not shared to a floor, so all fine. The room was very clean and warm and that's what you are looking for, it was big enough with a decent view, breakfast had everything you could look for. Staff were helpful. I would stay here again no problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coal Miners' Cabins offers reasonably priced accommodation, located in the upper part of the Longyear valley and within reach of mountains and glaciers. The place is an excellent starting point for hiking, skiing and snowmobile trips. Coal Miners' Cabins is the place to stay for those who want to get the real experience of the mining period on Svalbard. Coal Miners' Cabins is located in Nybyen, Longyearbyen's small "suburb" is within walking distance from downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Coal Miners’ Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spitsbergen Guesthouse Hotel Longyearbyen
- Coal Miners’ Cabins Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, Svalbard