“The best fine dining in the arctic circle”
Review of Huset Svalbard

Huset Svalbard
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Longyearbyen
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Huset we offer both a Bistro and a fine dining restaurant. Please visit our website for more information and for reservations.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Huset is a bit of a gimmick - you'll really only go here once and it's predominantly for the tourists, not the locals.
They offer a changing set menu which features local fare like reindeer or sometimes seal or whale.
The restaurant is very cosy and the presentation and service of the food is very good.
I wouldn't quite say it's "fine dining", more of an upmarket fancy restaurant but the experience is not exorbitant like most scandinavian fine dining places. DInner for two was around $280 USD with wine for one three course meal and one five course meal.
Worth doing once!

There are newer reviews for Huset Svalbard

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Staying at Gjestehuset 102 this is the perfect place to go after a long and active day out! And the food is tasty and the helpings generous!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Excelent food accompanied by excelent wines served by a very professional staff. Expensive but worth every dime.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant with a superb wellcoming staff. We had a 7 course with wine. The best restaurant in Longyearbyen.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Even if Huset looks kind of worn out from outside I would definitely recommend it. I was in Svalabard due to a programme of the University Centre of Svalbard and they used to serve us dinner every night there and I swear there was not a single night in which I did not like the food. The best was the salmon dish it was fantastic. The great thing too is that at night it becomes a bar and every Friday and Saturday a club after 22:00. I have to say even though the DJ has got some weird song selections some colleagues of mine and myself who use to go there asked him very politely if he could put some music from our ipods/mpe players and he was very nice about it so in the end we always had an excellent time. I actually believe I probably had a nicer time their than some other major clubs of London or other major cities as most of the music was exactly what you and your friends like. It is an excellent experience and I would definetely advise you to go there. Plus you do not have that many chances to say that you have been to the northern most club in the world!