Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Tripadvisor$166
eDreams
Priceline$175
Destinia.com
StayForLong
All reviews rooms are small cozy atmosphere arctic svalbard trips hostel
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2019

We stayed here for two nights at the start of our 6 day adventure and wished we could have ended our trip here too as we absolutely loved every second of it and everything about the hotel. The rooms are small but perfectly adequate and wonderfully warm. The bathrooms are right opposite and immaculately clean. The hotel staff could not do enough for us and we even got a lift into town one morning. The bar is wonderful and relaxing. This really is a unique and special place to stay and when we return to Svalbard this is where we would want to stay. Thank you for an amazing time.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pumpkinandpudding
Polarriggen, Front Office Manager at Mary-Ann's Polarrigg, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Dear Pumpkinandpudding! Thanks a million for this amazing review! Satisfied guests make our work the best ever! Maybe see you again one day! Best regards, Mary-Ann's Polarrigg Team

Reviewed July 16, 2019

Perfect stay !
My single room was small but cosy with all the necessities I needed : a comfortable bed, a desk, a armchair and a cupboard I can close with a locker
Perfect. Very clean, as the bathrooms.
The hotel has a really nice and the breakfast very complete. A lot of choices.
The design of the hotel makes you feel as you are in a small museum. Really cosy.
I felt like home during my stay.
Very close the center town (in 5 minutes). And also to the “polar bear sign” on the left side of the city.
Staff are very friendly and flexible. They’ve done their best for me.
I could stay on the living room when I waited for the Bus for the airport.
I highly recommend this hotel to stay in Longyearbyen :)

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Emilyfe2
Polarriggen, Reception at Mary-Ann's Polarrigg, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2019

Thank you for this nice review. We try to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible here and staff are always happy to help. We recently updated our breakfast so it's great to know you enjoyed that and the feel of the hotel too. Hopefully we will see you back here another time!

Reviewed July 9, 2019

A most beautiful old polarrigg that has transformed into a charming, lovely and comfortable hotel. The service is A+ with stunning sweet and kompetent staff that help you with everything you might need to make sure your stay is perfect,
The food is really something special - if you want to try local delicacy this is where to eat.
The rooms are small but extremly charming with really comfortable beds. And the rigg holds very big and comfy open areas where you can sit by the open fire and relax. I wish I could give more than 5 stars - for this place surely deserves a big 10!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for the lovely review! Our aim is to make sure people have a relaxing stay during their adventures in Svalbard so we're really happy you felt that and had a nice time here. Glad you enjoyed our food too! Hopefully we can welcome you back another time.

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here before a small ship expedition trip of the Arctic and even though it is a miner’s accommodation situation, I found it an absolute gem of a place. I was in the single (shared bathroom) accomodation which is right next to the outstanding restaurant which was outstanding in its food (I had the reindeer steak which was absolutely succulent and cooked to perfection, another American chap had the whale and could not fault it, saying it was an interesting choice but delicious) and the spacious window views of the snow covered mountains with the “arctic” theme was, again,outstanding. The staff were very approachable, helpful and cherry. I have no hesitation in recommending Mary Ann’s Polarrigg, absolutely worth five starts in my eyes :-)

Trip type: Traveled solo

Hello,
Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you had a lovely time here and enjoyed the food in our Vinterhagen restaurant. We hope to welcome you again someday.
Best wishes

Reviewed July 3, 2019

we felt as if we are in a home. it was warm and friendly. the food was awesome. we had whale steak, seal steak, reindeer steak. the rooms were comfy, pleasant and warm. the management had a hands off approach. we can cook and eat our own food. there is a kitchen, restaurant, living room etc. the view was also splendid. surrounded by mountains of snow.

Room tip: rooms on the south side has beautiful view.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank gmpallath
Polarriggen, Front Office Manager at Mary-Ann's Polarrigg, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2019

Hello and thank you so much Gmpallath! It's amazing for us that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the atmosphere here - beacuse homely atmosphere is our main focus! We will be more than happy to welcome you again!