“Excitement!”
Review of Green Dog Svalbard

Green Dog Svalbard
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Dog Svalbard is a family run business, located in Bolterdalen 10 km from Longyearbyen. We have more than 20 years of experience in dog sledding from Svalbard and Greenland. Green Dog have more than 200 polar dogs and every year 20 new puppies are born. Green Dog offers guided trips with sled-dogs year round in Svalbard's high arctic wilderness. Drive a dog-sledge to a rare ice cave in Winter with our skilled guides or join us at Bolterdal hike, dog cart trips or hike over the Foxfonna glacier in Summer.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 26, 2014

A party of collegues from Norway, none of us very familiar with dogs and knowing nothing abour dog-sledding had a fantastic day with lovely dogs and nice people. Perfect weather, og possibly one of de last possibilities to dog-sledge in this area befor the snow melts. We all areed on Nikes slogan: JUST DO IT!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I went for the dog-sledding and ice-cave tour in February. It was loads of fun, and I definitely recommend you go with Greendog! First we played with the dogs and buckled them up for the trip. The way to the ice-cave was fun, but sometimes you need to get off the sled and help the dogs out a bit on the incline. Then lunch, followed by a trip to an ice cave, and then come back. Time well spent in Svalbard :)

I wrote a blog post with some pictures about the sledding, have a look here if you are interested: http://rafal.io/posts/svalbard-dogsledding.html

Thanks for a great time Greendog!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We took a Green Dog, expedition to the Ice Cave on a clear March day. After a drive to the base camp, a short drive out of town, we were suited up and mingled with the dogs for a while as others got ready. Then after some brief instructions (how to stop) we were off. One passenger and one driver, taking turns as we went.
I was surprised by the size, or lack of, of the dogs. Much smaller than I expected. Quite frequently I had to jump off (but still hang on) to the sled and give them a hand going up the hills. But that's cool, all part of the fun just don't think the dogs are doing all the work. Most of it I'll grant you, but occasionally you pitch in.
The journey took us to an ice cave, a memorable spot in itself, but for me it was the quiet, the still white landscape that was most amazing. There is literally nothing out there but snow, and lots of it.
It's a world apart, Svalbard, and what better way to experience it than with some fun, cute and sometimes smelly canine friends. For myself and I guess most others it really is one of those once in a lifetime experiences.
Thanks Jimmi and Hendrix.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We just loved it. The weather was perfect, and that made it a easy going experience :-) The dogs were lovely and friendly, and just fun to handle. It was important to us that the guides were nice to the dogs, and they really treated the dogs good. The ice cave is amazing and really worth a visit. The lunsj was the only disappointment, and a suggestion is a little better "dry food", and maybe a possibilitie to choose between a couple of types. But all over we just loved the experience, and recommend Green Dog for this kind of trips.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I went on two Green dog trips, one 4 hour tour and the ice cave excursion day, whilst visiting Svalbard, and both were great ways to see the outdoors. The guides are friendly and helpful, and the dogs are all really tame around humans (if not necessarily each other always!). You get to handle the sledge and dogs yourself, which was a welcome surprise! Svalbard is a cold place: whilst Green Dog have body warming suits for guests to use I'd recommend bringing some eye protection from the wind to get maximum enjoyment from the experience.