“Disaster”
Review of Scarriff Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caherdaniel
Scarriff Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Caherdaniel B&B and Inns
Limerick
“Disaster”
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Hi, went to have a meal in this establishment with my family, The reservation was for 7.45pm and we waited half hour for our order to be taken. The starters arrived half our later, the children were starving and did not get served with the starters as we requested. We finished our starters and waited one hour for the plates to be collected and had to call the staff ( two on duty) several times to remind them to serve us. The food came two hours later with all the dishes steaming hot, obvously everthing had been microwave, steak tough, a disaster, upon complaing there was no manager and did not get any satisafaction, I do not recommend this restaurant (if that what you call it !!! ) to anyone, I think the view is supposed to distract you from the very bad service and microwaved food !!! DISASTER !!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London
Reviewed October 18, 2008

We were passing this lovely Inn and were compelled to stop to look at The Best View in Ireland. We were greeted by a lovely girl behind the bar, she turned out to be the owner, and we enjoyed a guinness at a window table in the bar. The atmosphere was lovely so we decided to check out the rooms and stay the night. The room though small had a great king size bed and fabulous sea view.
We had dinner in the evening, i had fresh lobster and my partner had monkfish which I tasted, it was really fresh and tasty.
The staff were all so friendly and helpful. Next morning we had a really nice breakfast, I had smoked salmon and my partner a full Irish. We met Maurice in the gift shop and bought some bargains!! He gave us great advice for the rest of our trip.
Definately one of the nicest B&Bs on our holiday in Kerry. We will be back.

• Liked — The king size bed overlooking the best view in Ireland
  • Disliked — Room size
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cruiseLondon
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Having booked B&B in the Scarriff Inn and having my booking confirmed by email by Katie O'Carroll I wasn't expecting any problems but when we arrived she told us quite rudely that the booking had not been confirmed. This created a very unpleasant situation for us. I was stunned because she had emailed me 5 weeks previously confirming the booking and confirming that she had my credit card details. She denied all this in front of my own group and a group of strangers and challenged me to produce the email. When I got home I was glad to see that I hadn't deleted any of her emails.

We managed to get over this difficulty and enjoyed the views and the food but the incident put a damper on the weekend.

Had to wait 2 hours in the restaurant before anyone took our order.

• Liked — The views
  • Disliked — Our treatment upon arrival
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank LarryGreg
Ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Having spent the most enjoyable day touring the Ring of King we decided to have our lunch at the Scarriff Inn.....bad idea.

At the deli counter, we enquired if it was possible to order toasted sandwiches. We were curtly told that the only sandwiches available had been pre-made. As they were wrapped in cling-film and did not state what were in the sandwiches, we asked another lady behind the counter if she knew which two were chicken. She was most helpful and got us the sandwiches. Then the woman who had originally been curt told the helpful lady to get out and clear the tables while in the middle of taking our coffee orders. She then rudely said ' you need to tell me what you want to drink for me to charge you'. Having been perturbed by her most unpleasant behaviour we decided that we would leave. The woman's resonse was 'I don't need your business anyway'.

Having walked away feeling that we had been disrespectly treated we asked if we could speak to the manager to advise as this is surely not how someone should treat their customers. Our response was 'I'm the owner, Kate O'Carroll, why don't you write a letter'.

We feel that the way that this woman treated us was unacceptable and ill-mannered. To say we were shocked is an understatement. Would not recommend.

3 Thank eireeireIreland
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 27, 2008

From the outside the Scarriff Inn is not the most aesthetically pleasing of places. I have passed it on a few ocassions and never thought to stay there, having always ventured further along the road to Waterville. However, I was always struck by the magnificent scenery of the area and my partner and I decided to drive down on a whim.
If a great view is high on your list of priorities, this is the place for you. Our room was very clean and comfortable, although not the largest of rooms, the view from the window was just beautiful.
Fairly standard 'inn food' in the restaurant , although fresh.
If you are looking for fine dining I would look elsewhere.
Breakfast was good.
The owners, who run the inn were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were happy.
B & B good value for money.
The restaurant, the prices were slightly on the high side, but I suppose to be expected with the stunning views.

Go down to the beaches and the abbey in the Derrynane National Historic Park. Some of the best beaches in Ireland, shelterd coves, med coloured water, and great for kids.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — I would have liked an openable bedroom window.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deelite40
New York
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Wow! What a view! This place really does overlook the best view in the world - not just Ireland. Really lovely family run Inn. Very busy with coach tours from around 12 until 3, but very relaxing in the morning and evening. We enjoyed 2 great evenings of Irish hospitality and excellent seafood dinners. The owner is the chef I believe. We enjoyed traditional Irish stew the first evening ( it was beautiful) and Lobser and fresh crab the second, which was the best !.
The restaurant also overlooks this spectacular view which made the food all the more tasty!
Rooms have super king size beds and small bathroom but great shower ( in comparison to some of the other B&Bs we stayed at.
Really cute gift shop and the most helpful man in the shop- Maurice- he put us in the right direction on what to see in the area.
We will definately return there if we get to Ireland again.

• Liked — The bedroom window!
  • Disliked — No internet
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rebeccaupstate
Warwickshire
Reviewed July 18, 2006

An inn that makes its money from coach tour parties/lunches – so don’t arrive 12.00-15.00. In the evening it is a calm place with the best views we have ever experienced. Fairly isolated (although on the main Kerry ring road) so you can’t walk to other eating places. We ate there and the food was fine, albeit ‘standard’. Adequate breakfasts from 8.30-ish. Just six rooms recently refurbished (2006), clean, with huge double bed. But the primary reason to stay is opening the curtains in the morning and seeing that view.
A good centre to go west and east along the Kerry ring, and into the mountains. Good stopping point for the Kerry Way walk. Can be used for a trip to Skellig Michael – a must-do if it is fine enough.

5 Thank excel12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caherdaniel
Sea Lodge Hotel Waterville
Wave Crest Caravan & Camping Park
The Olde Forge
The Olde Forge
#3 of 5 in Caherdaniel

Been to Scarriff Inn? Share your experiences!