“Sun, soup & sandwich.”
Review of The Blind Piper

The Blind Piper
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Blind Piper is a family friendly traditional pub serving good quality food. Live Music every Thursday from March - December.
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

To say this is in Main Street is questionable as its best described as 100 yards off the Ring of Kerry on the road to Derrynane Beach! Now that I got THAT out of the way, let me tell you how great this place is!

A cozy almost stereotypical Irish pub. Old pictures on the wall. Odes to Irish music. Turf fire. Tasty potato soup. Old guys at the bar drinking guinness before 2:30. Lattes.. Lattes?!!? Yes, pubs are catering to tourists now and serve great coffee drinks!

The menu includes squid chicken veg meat fish - lots of selection. Stop in while you drive the Ring!
I stopped in after a bike ride from Waterville. A killer hill. The potato soup better give me energy to make the hill back over Coomacista Pass!!

Today in Ireland was sunny and warm. And it's just March! Summer will be awesome!!

1  Thank Vagabond-Sue
There are newer reviews for The Blind Piper

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were visiting the Ring of Kerry in January, when most of the places were closed since it's not really the best time to visit. Still we were astonished by the views and the force of nature, especially the huge waves slamming the coast. We spotted this place while passing through Caherdaniel, after leaving the hotel we were staying in, in Sneem. We thought we should visit, so on our way back we made a stop here.

It was worth it! We really enjoyed the cozy place, and the friendliness of the people. Food was lovely as well. Do try their Irish Coffee. It is one of the best I have tried so far. Definitely recommend a visit.

1  Thank dirtonth
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We had a gorgeous, tasty, and welcoming meal here, in a pub that was packed with other guests doing the same……These people know how to run a pub! Thank you!

1  Thank estherl0
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped at the Blind Piper for a bowl each of smooth mashed root veggies soup cum brown buttered bread, a consistent favorite of ours in Ireland. We'd heard some very good things about the meals there, but it wasn't an appropriate time of day, so that sufficed nicely, along with the traditional one piece of ham and one of cheese proper to most public sandwiches in the U.K and Ireland. Half kiddingly, if anyone's ever seen a second slice of anything between two pieces of bread on either isle, please call the international press with that scoop. ;)

Our kind server happened to be a classic fully mature dark Irish woman (as of possibly Armada family history?) with a visage to remember for quite some time. My wife never minds my noticing such things as she appropriately notes I have a good sense of balance about their quickly passing significance in my life.

Now if every single lady who works in the Blind Piper finds herself to be fitting of such accolades, I say in bits of mixed quotation, "If you feel the shoe fits, wear it with pride and gratitude for God tender mercies". As for the Blind Piper itself, it shouts of history and local color and is a fine spot for a stop of any time on this delightful bit of my lifetime beloved West of Ireland country road. Next time we'll try one of the recommended meals!

1  Thank preglad
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I visited the Blind Piper for a ver pleasant drink one afternoon and decided to return with my family in the evening for a meal. It was very busy when we arrived and we could get a table together so my wife and I both sat with a daughter each, we were not offered a table together even though one came available shortly after we arrived! When the food arrived it was cold and both my wife and I sent it back, the kids seemed fine. When the food came back it was OK, no more no less! It was also expensive for a pub. I would return here for a drink but not for food, it would get 4 stars as a pub but 2 is the most I can give it for quality of food and service!