“Five stars does not do this place justice!!”
Review of Arion Stables

Arion Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Family park petting zoo pony and horse riding individual, Hotel & Apartments, beach and mountain rides sunset beach rides small zoo- animal park V.I.P. Horse carriage service, weddings with our Victoria carriagecarriage tours to the town or traditional villages, riding and driving lessons, traditional taverna & cafe bar, playgrounds a peacefull paradise for our animals & horse friendliest stable in whole crete.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went to these stables with my then girlfriend (she left my fiance). Prior to going to Crete I had emailed the stables asking them if they could do anything special as I wanted to propose on our trip, they were extremely helpful and more than willing to assist and make our day special. We were collected from our hotel by a member of staff from the stables and taken on the short drive there. Upon arrival we were introduced to the lady who would be taking on our ride, she put both me and my partner at ease as I had never rode before and my partner hadn't for a long time. After getting on and having a short tutorial we were taken on a ride through the countryside and down to the beach front, we went a short way along the beach to a small traditional chapel on a small man made rock pier, when we got there other members of staff from the stables were waiting for us, they had brought with them champagne on ice and flowers, they helped us down from the horses and I proposed to my partner there just as the sun was setting, she fortunately said yes and we had a glass of champagne. We then got back on the horses and rode along the beach at sunset. When we got back to the stables it was dark, waiting for us was the rest of the champagne and all of the friendly staff. The stables is an amazing place, all of the animals are very well looked after, there are a variety of other animals there as well in a small petting zoo although as it was dark we didn't get to see them for long. The owners and staff at the stables are very passionate about what they do, they truly are amazing kind people. When I go back to Crete I will go back here it a heart beat. Five stars really does not do this place justice, they made our day very special and one we will not forget. We recommended the stables to some friends who also went and thought that the place was amazing.

6  Thank IanandGeorgie

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited the stables with his parents and sister who are regular visitors to the stables on a Sunday for lunch! There was a very friendly welcome from George (I think that's his name) the owner, who brought us drinks over, and we sat in the outdoor section but with a roof over, so we could take in the lovely scenery around us. A very affectionate cat came to sit with us also!

Being new to Greek cuisine we let the parents pick a selection of food for us to try! The pork was absolutely mouth watering, I am not usually a pork fan but this was cooked to perfection with roast potatoes. We also had feta (I can now say the nicest I had eaten, the entire holiday!!!) salad, tzatziki, stuffed tomatoes, stuffed peppers, bread... It was a banquet!

We then had chocolate cake, I had no room for this but it looked, smelled and tasted delicious. And then out came the Raki!

At this point I was so full, it seemed a good idea to roam around the farm and let lunch settle, there were terrapins, goats, sheep, shetland ponies, horses, a disgruntled donkey, rabbits, guinea pigs and cats!

One of the best meals I had on the holiday, would 100% recommend this place!

A fantastic afternoon, they also do horse rides!

6  Thank Gemma B
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We went here for the first time and it was very quiet. We paid for half an hour and she actually gave us well over an hour. The staff here are really nice genuine people who do such a great thing. The animals are very well looked after (which is the main reason why we took the pony rides). We returned for a 2nd time as we had such a good time the first visit - this time our daughter went on a horse. She loved every minute of it. It wasn't a cheap rubbish ride either - they actually teach you skills and tricks too. It was great. Very important to leave a tip to these people. They do great things for great animals and times are tough for them - we must all help!

2  Thank YiannisTriplis
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Had the best meal on holiday here, recommended by lady at our hotel.
Allowed the owner to choose a meze for us, all the produce came from the families farm the only things they didn't make or grow was some of the wines and veal.
The meal was excellent, beautiful salad,stuffed vine leaves, potato salad and tzatziki to start with then veal and an absolutely fantastic rabbit stew.
The owner Geogious was fantastic, chose a great combination meal for us allowed us to eat then sat down had a chat, thoroughly enjoyable evening. So good went back the next night. It is quite rustic and out on its own but give it a go I'm sure you won't be disappointed good for families groups or couples.

2  Thank Jeremy1234567890
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was picked up from my hotel nearby and taken to the stables. After not having been on a horse for almost thirty years, I was a bit hesitant but looking forward to it at the same time. The experience itself was amazing, I was made to feel at ease straight away and throughly enjoyed it. Jodie accompanied me on a trek down to and along the local beach and then onto the nearby mountains. I was only on horseback for two hours, adequate after such a long time but was left with the feeling that I could go back day after day for what I had left of my holidays. Really glad that I decided to do it as I'm not usually one for going solo on excursions or the like, however, my wife encouraged me to go and I'm pleased she did. Overall, a nice morning, spent doing something I really enjoyed, would definitely recommend it.

6  Thank Alexander K