“Great Taverna and food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arion Stables

Arion Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Family park petting zoo pony and horse riding individual personal rides beach and mountain rides sunset beach rides small zoo- animal park V.I.P. Horse carriage service, weddings with our Victoria carriagecarriage tours to the town or traditional villages, riding and driving lessons, traditional taverna & cafe bar, playgrounds a peacefull paradise for our animals & horse friendliest stable in whole crete.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Taverna and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Had the best meal on holiday here, recommended by lady at our hotel.
Allowed the owner to choose a meze for us, all the produce came from the families farm the only things they didn't make or grow was some of the wines and veal.
The meal was excellent, beautiful salad,stuffed vine leaves, potato salad and tzatziki to start with then veal and an absolutely fantastic rabbit stew.
The owner Geogious was fantastic, chose a great combination meal for us allowed us to eat then sat down had a chat, thoroughly enjoyable evening. So good went back the next night. It is quite rustic and out on its own but give it a go I'm sure you won't be disappointed good for families groups or couples.

2 Thank Jeremy1234567890

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Beith
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was picked up from my hotel nearby and taken to the stables. After not having been on a horse for almost thirty years, I was a bit hesitant but looking forward to it at the same time. The experience itself was amazing, I was made to feel at ease straight away and throughly enjoyed it. Jodie accompanied me on a trek down to and along the local beach and then onto the nearby mountains. I was only on horseback for two hours, adequate after such a long time but was left with the feeling that I could go back day after day for what I had left of my holidays. Really glad that I decided to do it as I'm not usually one for going solo on excursions or the like, however, my wife encouraged me to go and I'm pleased she did. Overall, a nice morning, spent doing something I really enjoyed, would definitely recommend it.

4 Thank Alexander K
Kent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A wonderful evening trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed nearby at the Mitsis Laguna hotel and booked this ride before we left the UK - we got collected from the hotel by car and taken to the stables.

We were quickly given our horses and went on a 2 hour hack along the beach, through mountains & roads through lovely countryside.

Our guide was a young English girl for the trip & was very friendly and helpful - many thanks & sorry we cant remember your name.

I was a complete novice, my girlfriend and daughter has rode horses before so was a little aprehensive but thoroughly enjoyed this experience!

Many thanks to you all and especially our guide!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Holiday___Mad___-O-
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Would recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went for a hack and carriage ride on Tuesday and was excellent. I rode a horse called Merlin whom Zara had owned for 2 weeks, apparently he was found starving in a stable for months. Not a nice thing to hear but Zara has a real passion for animals and I could not believe how calm this horse was after being treated so badly! My mother enjoyed the carriage ride and you can even have the option to steer the carriage. Overall it was a great day out although would recommend to ride in the evening as it can be really hot in the morning - not a good feeling with a riding hat on your head!

2 Thank horsegirl99
Bucharest, Romania
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Nice place but close to deserted”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Maybe I got there at the wrong time but only seen some horses and goats with no one around to present us the stables. My GF is really into horses and would have loved a ride !

Visited August 2013