“A wonderful evening trip”
Review of Arion Stables

Arion Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Family park petting zoo pony and horse riding individual, Hotel & Apartments, beach and mountain rides sunset beach rides small zoo- animal park V.I.P. Horse carriage service, weddings with our Victoria carriagecarriage tours to the town or traditional villages, riding and driving lessons, traditional taverna & cafe bar, playgrounds a peacefull paradise for our animals & horse friendliest stable in whole crete.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed nearby at the Mitsis Laguna hotel and booked this ride before we left the UK - we got collected from the hotel by car and taken to the stables.

We were quickly given our horses and went on a 2 hour hack along the beach, through mountains & roads through lovely countryside.

Our guide was a young English girl for the trip & was very friendly and helpful - many thanks & sorry we cant remember your name.

I was a complete novice, my girlfriend and daughter has rode horses before so was a little aprehensive but thoroughly enjoyed this experience!

Many thanks to you all and especially our guide!

3  Thank Holiday___Mad___-O-

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went for a hack and carriage ride on Tuesday and was excellent. I rode a horse called Merlin whom Zara had owned for 2 weeks, apparently he was found starving in a stable for months. Not a nice thing to hear but Zara has a real passion for animals and I could not believe how calm this horse was after being treated so badly! My mother enjoyed the carriage ride and you can even have the option to steer the carriage. Overall it was a great day out although would recommend to ride in the evening as it can be really hot in the morning - not a good feeling with a riding hat on your head!

4  Thank horsegirl99
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Maybe I got there at the wrong time but only seen some horses and goats with no one around to present us the stables. My GF is really into horses and would have loved a ride !

2  Thank fuscobal
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We took another early morning trek with Zara this year - just as enjoyable as last year's. My younger daughter and a friend were able to ride unaided but myself and my elder daughter were led which was once again very reassuring although I didn't dare to trot! We trekked down to the beach and back through the hills for the magnificent view. Zara as always takes great care that everyone is riding safely and her infectious laugh hasn't changed either!

On another afternoon, we took a carriage ride through the old villages of Chersonnisos, Koutouloufari and Piskopiano. I persuaded my husband to come on this one and he enjoyed the trip! We were driven by Zara who looked very elegant in her riding gear and hat! My daughter sat up front and was delighted to learn how to drive a two-horse carriage (as well as having to catch the horse poo in a net to avoid littering the narrow streets! quite amusing to watch as one of the tails lifted and Zara gave quick instructions on how to proceed!)
So even if you don't dare mount a horse, take a carriage ride through the little villages (four to a carriage plus one up front) - you'll enjoy it!
Children will also be fascinated by the goats and rabbits on the farm. There are in fact a lot of rescue animals there, including some horses. There's also a playground to keep the children amused while you have a drink! All to be highly recommended!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My daughter's were met by Zara who made them very welcome & gave lots of reassurance & encouragement to my elder daughter who was a little nervous. They had a lesson for half an hour (20euro each) & were led with care & attention. We then enjoyed looking at the other small animals & played in the children's play area. They are desperate to go again before we return to UK. Also a lovely taverna on site which is reasonably priced.
Hope the new tortoise likes his new home :-)