“Dont bother”

Ranked #144 of 176 Hotels in Hersonissos
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Dont bother”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Well all I can say is, I agree with the rest of the previous comments, the place is terrible, however. It is all about expectations. I presume many people have booked their holiday via a travel agent, and in my view it is incumbent on the travel agents to provide a true and accurate description of the product the consumer is buying.
I personally think that the travel agents have got a lot to answer for and I intend to pursue mine for loss of enjoyment and damages. Let’s face it, if there had been an accurate description of the Hotel Ariane,” I for one would have never booked it”.
I have contacted Trading Standards as I do not wish this disappointment on anyone else.
Below are extracts from the Travel Agents description:
Package-Other
Entertainment/ Sports ??? Billiard ??? Table tennis ??? Mini gym Sun beds and umbrellas At the pool (no reservation is allowed!!) Additional On Charge Services ??? Telephone Calls & Tele-faxes ??? Safe Deposit Boxes ??? Billiard ??? Late Checkout Rooms (Departure after 12.00 p.m.) ??? Babysitting ??? Drinks in Bar after 22,30 ??? Mineral Water ??? 'Brand name' & 'Premium' Drinks, Imported Beer, fresh juices, packed ice cream,espresso,cappuccino,bottled wine, canned drinks Champagne ??? Special evenings ??? Air condition ??? Internet corner ??? Sauna

The reality:
There was no Entertainment/Sports, No Billiards, No Table Tennis, No Mini gym, 3 sunbeds, no umbrellas. The pool was the size of two standard bath tubs in a dark lane where there was no sun, you could not walk around the side of the so called pool.

Let me continue,

As advertised:
Summary-Features
The facilities at the Ariane Apart Hotel offer everything you need for a relaxing holiday. Food, drink and entertainment: The breakfast the lunch and the dinner buffet offer a variety of meals every day. There is a bar serving cool refreshments and various alcoholic drinks/ cocktails, as well as various snacks and pizzas. The studios and the apartments are self-catering with fully equipped kitchen. A wide variety of activities are available on the nearby beach including, water skiing, jet skis, banana boat, pedals, canoes, wind surfing (certificate required) and rings. Accommodation 48 units in main building Food and Beverage Facilities ??? Restaurant(indoor) for Breakfast & Dinner ??? Lobby Bar / Cafeteria ??? Rooftop Snack bar Sport & Leisure ??? 1 outdoor swimming pool with fresh water, sun terraces ??? Sun Deck with beds and umbrellas are available at the roof (free of charge) ??? Water sport centre with water ski, jet-ski, banana, pedals, wind surfing, canoes, etc. at the beach (NOT HOTEL OWNED) ??? Billiard, Table tennis Other Services ??? Reception(not 24hours) with lounges and lobby ??? TV corner ???

There were no snacks and pizzas available, there was a bar however the drinks were served in plastic child’s beakers and were very limited.
There was no rooftop Snack Bar.

To summarise the facilities advertised were not available.

There was a small bar, the drinks were served is plastic children beakers, the drinks were extremely limited. The food, “what can I say”. The food was delivered in a van, it was then put out in the small bar area where people queued for their meals, during this period it was virtually impossible to get a drink as the two staff were busy. The food was inedible, there was very little choice, and one day we had Brussels sprouts, Cauliflower, Carrots and spaghetti. We could not eat it.
As the hotel was on a busy road, with no facilities, nowhere to sit other than a small terrace at the front of the hotel, no pool to sit around what could we do but go elsewhere. Therefore being all-inclusive was pointless
As we could not eat the food, there was nowhere to sit, there were no facilities we ended up spending considerable amount of money, over and above our budget.
Also the rooms were cleaned once in a week, it was noisy, and the bedroom was fitted with a carpet, which was not nice. I could go on and on.
On the plus side the English lady who did the morning shift was very helpful.

We ended up using a pool 300meters up the hill, the Mareva, Yannis and his family made us feel very welcome, it was a very nice little complex and I would recommend it.

I would say that the Ariane is the worst holiday hotel I have ever stayed in, don’t go.

Room Tip: Please dont bother at all
6 Thank hardraine

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

There is nothing technically wrong with this hotel. The bedrooms are big and clean with bedding and towels being changed mid-week and the buffet all inclusive meals are adequate although can get a bit repetitive by the end of the week - recommend you get there at the start of meal times as often the popular dishes went fast. The all inc drinks were typically Greek - wine, beer, brandy, ouzo, raki - just as we were informed though so no problems there.. Staff were on the whole friendly (the same could not be said for other guests) with our arrival being later than food/drink hours we were offered a complimentary drink. However we were largely disappointed by the advertisement of a pool/pool area to relax in and entertainment offered from the hotel as the pool consisted of a 1.5 metre by 3 metre (large bath/plunge pool) with only enough room to put one or two sunbeds by. It was also situated down an alley where the sun only hit it during midday. This had the potential to ruin the holiday had we not been able to walk each day to other hotels (and a 10 minute away water park) to use their pools at the expense of buying a drink/sun lounger. The beach is, as advertised, very close, with other, larger, beaches within a minutes walk. We would only recommend this hotel to people who wanted a base to stay for CHEAP while not being bothered about not having a pool close to hand. Unfortunately we seemed to be visiting at a time popular with some rather rude nationalities, which started to grate on us a little, especially when queues at meal times were being ignored. A smile is the same in every language, so there is no reason for people to be so miserable and grumpy, even if you are disappointed with the services try to get past this and at least put a smile on your face....it goes a long way.
In general, as two young people, we did not let the lack of services ruin our trip mainly because the cost was below average. However, we would not recommend this to families or people wanting an all inclusive holiday where you lie around the pool all day and drink large amounts of alcohol. However, if you want to be in the second largest resort on the island (the main strip was 10mins away and great for a night out) for a budget holiday then this hotel would do but don't expect to be wowed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Antonia H

Travelers are raving about these Hersonissos hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I arrived with my 2 children at 1am, the place was locked up, we eventually saw a note with our room no, found room, only 2 beds, no sheets!! Kids went to sleep. About 7.30 I went and found someone, who was rude beyond belief!! We were all inc, all meals were served in a cafe area 50 yds from rooms!! it was awful!! no where to sit and relax. Our room was entered directly off the street. The shower was broke and the toilet cistern was hanging off the wall!!. I had a contact no in england which I rang, by 4 45pm that day we were moved. After the company spoke with hotel the charge of £300 was waived! I think that speaks volumes. Please do not book this hotel, especially if you have children

7 Thank Beverley C
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The offered facilities - Outside pool, spacious sun lounger area with sun beds and prasols, pool/billiards, table tennis, TV room etc. etc. IS NOT HERE. THE BOSS knows all of the problems and that he is incorrectly advertised (I have no idea who exactly to blame for that - and I am sure they will not put their hand up!) but it is all a scam. EasyJet are fobbing us off with 'you booked the wrong hotel' - my view is simple - I booked a location (no particular issue with location) that had the facilities that we wanted for our holiday. Some relaxing by the beach, some cultural exploration, some local entertainment, a little work on the laptop and relaxing evenings. We have got none of that - just a very busy street balcony room, discos/clubs/shopping up and down the main drag and masses of people. So much for relaxing!
My view - dont touch this with a barge pole. Greek holiday and hotel people have got together as their government is so weak, and are doing as they please. If you dont like - they dont care!
Dont get me wrong, Greek people are extremely friendly, but business is business.
On the other hand, if you want a place to doss out between nightclubbing binges - this is perfectly situated. This was simply not what we booked.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Paul M
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We agree with all the previous comments - this is very basic - although you pay cheap - you get cheap! Would not recommend this hotel to anyone........although it is close to a very nice beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dianne M
Whitby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have never experienced such a discusting holiday experince ever. Im not one for complianing more one for just making the best of bad situation but unfortunaly at this place that became hard to do. Me my husband and 3 young children went to this place after putting our trust in holiday company travelsoon and we were utterly discusted on what we received for doing so. Things were that bad we ended up moving to a hotel on the front which we had to pay for ourselfs and are having no joy in claiming back the costs we incurred. There was no kids pool like we were informed why would we go some were with a 3, 4 and 5 year old that didnt accomodate there needs. Simple things like there all inclusive bar snacks was a load of rubbish kids want ice cream all the time on holiday there was no ice cream available untill day 5 of our 7 day holiday no alcohol unless u drink raki everyday untill day 3 even then it was very minimal. There was no rooftop bar well there was just not connected up to anything it was the shell of a bar all rusty. no gym my husband was gutted as he enjoys a work out everyday. no entertainment on any level no bbq nights like advertised.The pool that was available was about 2 times the size of a standard bath with no area to sit around in order to sunbathe when we arrived we asked were the pool was they said thats it but kids can not go in it as there was no lifeguard to watch over the pool . I could go on and on about this hotel but i hope from what i have said in this short statement people may be alot wiser to what they will recieve if they do choose to stay here. I would not reccomend for anyone to stay here. I have currently put in a complaint about my holiday but am unfortunatly getting no were i hope my comment is useful to other people thinking about booking this as there holiday accomodation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Jenna S
Maesteg, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

if anyone is thinking of booking this hotel then id advise not to, all the information about this hotel is a lie, food is revolting and vile, no snacks through the day, no out door pool and the indoor one is about 4ft by 6 ft with fungus mushrooms growing at the bottom of it, we had booked to stayt there for 2 weeks all inclusive but had to book flights home after a week of staying there as it was so bad !!!!

Room Tip: do not book this hotel full stop !!!
3 Thank Jodie T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hersonissos
Ariadne Beach Hotel
#4 of 176 in Hersonissos
Romantica Apartments
Romantica Apartments
#9 of 11 in Koutouloufari

Been to Hotel Ariane? Share your experiences!